Lift question

Scratch the drop pitman arm. My bolts started pulling through the frame without it. A drop pitman arm would give it more leverage to put even more stress on it.

Plus Comanches are not leaf sprung up front, so a horizontal drag link is not nearly as important. On top of that, a drop pitman arm with throw the drag link out of alignment with the track bar, causing bump steer.

the site says "This kit includes: Front coils, rear springs, rear u-bolts (you must choose either 2 3/4" or 3" below), rear brake line proportioning valve extended link, & Hydro shocks" $600 i can add sway bar brackets for $30 and control arms for $99 that would be 730 total. ill probably go with this unless someone is very persuasive otherwise. seems pretty complete to me

4.5 inch "This kit includes: Front coils, rear springs, lower control arms, transfer case drop, sway bar drop bracket, shocks, rear U-bolts (you must choose either 2 3/4" or 3" below), & rear brake line proportioning valve extended link. for $750 i can add a adjustable track bar for $99 total $849

I think i may go this route being that it comes with a transfer case drop adjustable track bar and the control arms for only $140 more

If you are gonna drop $899, might as well buy this kit http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_6x.html I found it on ebay through Top Gunz Custom for $860 shipped. If you are able to do the spring over yourself then you aren't looking at any extra costs. Well you will have to get different shocks for the rear, but you will be able to sell the cherokee leaf pack and shocks. I'm very happy with this kit so far, it rides just like stock and has good flex.

And scrap the transfer case drop kit. It is not needed for a Comanche, even at 7" of lift. It makes the front drive shaft angles worse, it lowers your ground clearance, and weakens the attachment between the cross member and the frame.

For a Cherokee with rear drive shaft issues it is a short term solution until the problem can be fixed the correct way.

Sway bar drop brackets will work, but if you wheel it you will want disconnects anyway, which will make the drop brackets not needed.

For a 3" kit:

I would go with swaybar disconnect links rather than drop brackets (more useful and you don't risk snapping off the sway bar bushing bolts), but one or the other is recommended to keep the bar from rubbing on the coils. definitely get the lower control arms. :thumbsup:

YJ brake hoses are longer for the front and a 95 Dakota line for the rear (they are long enough for both kits).

I would look into a quality adjustable trackbar, even for a 3" kit.

I change my mind alot but when I'm ready for a 3" kit I'm gonna follow another members idea and go with 3" Hellcreek spings in the rear and the 3.5" RE XJ kit for the front, He said it evened out very nicely but ill have about an extra 1" of shackle adjustment in the rear to mess with as well :thumbsup:

i went re3.5 and added the adjustable track bar. did the soa in the rear. brakelines as pete suggested.

all together just under a grand shipped to AK. and very happy with lots of flex

the only thing ide change/add sway bar discos

the soa rear sits at bout 5" unloaded but the bed is either filled with tools or gear and levels out. the rake unloaded makes me feel cool though