Old Drippy

Okay, bought this one a few months ago. It's a '91, 2WD, 4.0, 5 speed AX15, D35, 156k miles.

Complete with too-large lunchbox topper. ;)

Someone decided to screw the license plate to the otherwise perfect tailgate. :fs1:

Needs a new front fender, but i got the dent pushed out for now.

So far I've replaced all of the suspension bushings with new energy suspension bushings, shocks, engine tune-up.

More pics to come sooon... :waving:

I haven't driven this one much yet, as i am trying to get it running & looking better; however i did the same thing on an XJ that i had. There were no squeaks, but i used a lot of grease. Also, it rode very ROUGH, they basically have no give. The bushings on this MJ in the front were completely worn out to the point that it was metal on metal, causing the springs to bow & rub on the frame & be generally dangerous to drive...

Yeah, the guy i bought it from said he'd had it for a year. I don't think did any maintenance to it at all, but drove it every day, he looked confused when i asked to see under the hood. I can't complain too much though, i got it for $600 dollars... :clapping:

Anyone have one of these rims laying around? I want to have a matching set before I replace the tires... I'm in Vegas until November, then its off to Dallas.

Anyone have one of these rims laying around? I want to have a matching set before I replace the tires... I'm in Vegas until November, then its off to Dallas.

I had a set of 4, gave three of them away, and am keeping the fourth to use as a full size spare. Sorry! And those are supposed to have a stainless steel beauty ring on them too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, made it to the junk yard today, originally just to get a rim & a few plastic bits; however the CFC 98 XJ was begging to be robbed of parts, so i did the 97+ upgrade. What do ya think?

It was fairly easy to do (thanks to some enthusiastic help from the sister-in-law), but i haven't dived into wiring the lights yet. I not worried though just got too tired to keep going. Next weekend it will be time to rob the interior....

Well, made it to the junk yard today, originally just to get a rim & a few plastic bits; however the CFC 98 XJ was begging to be robbed of parts, so i did the 97+ upgrade. What do ya think?

It was fairly easy to do (thanks to some enthusiastic help from the sister-in-law), but i haven't dived into wiring the lights yet. I not worried though just got too tired to keep going. Next weekend it will be time to rob the interior....

Shouldnt it be possible to use your original headlight wiring harness and just plug it all in to the new lights? I would think that would be the easiest way to go. You might have to slpice on a couple of light sockets if they are different, but I would think that would be easier than trying to re pin the connectors not knowing what the wires are at that point. Good luck!

Shouldnt it be possible to use your original headlight wiring harness and just plug it all in to the new lights? I would think that would be the easiest way to go. You might have to slpice on a couple of light sockets if they are different, but I would think that would be easier than trying to re pin the connectors not knowing what the wires are at that point. Good luck!

That definitely sounds easier, I'll be honest, i haven't even thought about it yet, just too excited to have the newer look. ;)

Looks VERY Familiar.

5893_545256798907_6603948_32215043_511930_n.jpg

Yeah, it's a good look for these trucks...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the new style doors now off the same C4C '98 XJ & thought that since I've already taken so much from this site that i should give back a (very) little. Hopefully this will help some others wanting upgrade their doors get it done faster. The hinges are a direct bolt up, so this write up is for the catch:

After you've bolted up the new doors remove the old style catch & use a marker to place a line where the new one will be centered.

Next remove the seat belt & dust guard.

Now you will be able to reach the back side of the nut plate for the old catch.

Many of you will not like this, but with very light pressure you can break the spot weld without damaging the surrounding area.

After that you can pull the old nut plate out from behind, this is what you will come up with:

Now go to your old doors & pull the bottom nut plate. You will be able to reach it through the speaker hole.

This one is held on with tabs that can be bent with relative ease.

Now, in order for this to work you will have to take a 3/8 drill bit & oversize the holes. This is a very small difference from the original hole size & will not affect the bracket in the least.

Next, make marks on the door jam where you want the new catch, i placed mine as far toward the inside of the truck as possible. Using a 1/2" bit drill the holes so that you will be able to adjust the bracket. I used a Dremmel tool with a reamer bit on the top hole.

From here it is just a matter of holding the nut plate from the back & threading in the bolts on the front. (Note that the inside edge of the catch is against the curve on the door jam.)

Here is the finished product. I like the touch with the sad face because the XJ was C4C.

All in all it took about half an hour per side & it turned out really well.

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since my move back from Vegas & i think it's time for an update.

I got my axles in for the 4X4 swap & D35 to 8.8 upgrade:

Extra 31spline shafts!!

WJ LCA'S

Also, i got in my rear bumper & rock sliders from JCR, they are beefy as can be & look great. I can't wait to get them installed.

That's it for now...

Great job, can't wait to see the install on those rock guards, JCR does make some great parts, I have their rear bumper and I love it. I just would like to take credit for it because I get so many compliments on it.

I've got the new style doors now off the same C4C '98 XJ The hinges are a direct bolt up, so this write up is for the catch:

From here it is just a matter of holding the nut plate from the back & threading in the bolts on the front. (Note that the inside edge of the catch is against the curve on the door jam.)

Here is the finished product. I like the touch with the sad face because the XJ was C4C.

All in all it took about half an hour per side & it turned out really well.

Awesome :thumbsup: . The truck is looking really nice. I look forward to the rock rails being installed. Thanks for "giving back" :clapping: