how to LOWER my MJ

OK i know most of you here have 4x4 MJ's However I do not and I am not intrested in doing the conversion to 4x4.. as i have a great YJ for just that purpose! My question is How do i go about lowering the suspension lets say 4" to 5"? If any one here has done this or can point me to where i can find info that would be GREAT!!!! jamminz.gif

I don't know that you can lower it that much without doing some serious front end work. The front axle would get in the way of the engine.

For dropping it an inch or two you could get lower springs for the front, may have to get a shorter track bar, and shorter shocks. Rear could be done with blocks. Again, shorter shocks may be needed.

Doing blocks in the back won't need shorter shocks.

4-5 inches just isn't feasible. At that point your axle is going to be hitting stuff, like, say, your motor. These trucks were designed to go the other way, after all.

beaterjeep put ZJ rear coils on the front of his 2.5, and it dropped it about 2 inches IIRC. A 4.0 would be dropped a bit more.

You will probably need a shorter track bar after a few inches, and honestly I've never even heard of one.

Agreed with 89Eliminator and Geonovast, I have done this using ZJ rear coils in the front with a 2.5. The initial drop was around 2", but has settled to 3" currently. The only thing that needed to be done to accommodate the coils and drop was that the upper bumpstop retainer had to be ground down a bit all around, and an alignment afterwards. For the rear, I have a set of 3" STEEL (do NOT use aluminum, as it will cause corrosion issues between the two metals) blocks that will be added to the factory SUA setup.

EDIT: If you click on "Baby" in my sig, it links to my build thread, and has a lot of pics before, during, and after, including a side by side of the coils.