Thinking of selling my jeep ..... got the new toy PICS!!!

86FUBAR

RUBICON UNLIMITED !!! HAHA shame on u guys that thought i was talking bout the manche , really!

So the reason behind this all is the family is getting bigger and with 2 kids and the wife and me the camping and traveling is gona get even tighter than it already is . Now i know there are probably many people out there that grewup camping , fishing and traveling in them but my dad had a 91 suburban that we traveled everywere in so i feel a little cramped in my jeep at times even though its the unlimited.

So my plan or idea anywas is to sell the rubicon and buy a newer dodge power wagon as its a quad cab so it has the room I'm looking for and has the lockers ,winch ,bed and that little bit of extra cool thrown in as a bonus . I hate to even think of it but ya gota do what ya gota do sometimes , besides i originaly wanted a power wagon and even looked at one before a got the jeep but i couldnt afford it ( well i actually could have then but at the time didnt think i could) so i got the rubicon instead as it was the runner up .

Please tell me what yall think ? and what the pros and cons of such a decision may be ?

-what i have ......05 rubicon unlimited ,silver ,6 speed ,stock with 30K on the ticker

-what i want ......06 power wagon silver ,6 speed or auto ,stock with similar milliage

comments or ideas .......

i would love to have your jeep, i would never get rid of my tj, but if it were to ever be totaled beyond repair, a standard rubi lj would be my replacement, power wagons are pretty bad @$$, but they don't get great gas mileage, but neither do rubicons, quad cabs are nice but the back seat isnt all that roomy, for your kids it might not be too bad, but when they get older and grow alittle more, depending on how old they are now, theyll be cramped,

all in all its not a bad idea, since your family is growing, and the power wagon will give you way more room than your lj, and you can easily sell your lj,

Keep the Rubi and find a gently used 2001 Cherokee for the family. You can work on it, lift and lock it or what ever. Will come out a lot cheaper in the end.

:cheers:

Great idea. I owned two jeeps back in the day and I wish I kept them both. Always wanted new cars. One was a Grand Cherokee Orvis. I look back at that and think it was a nice truck. Why did I get rid of that? Never sell a jeep.

One thing the power wagon does not have, a diesel engine. :(

Rob L.

Yes but i don't need a diesel so thats ok

Keep the Rubi and find a gently used 2001 Cherokee for the family. You can work on it, lift and lock it or what ever. Will come out a lot cheaper in the end.

:cheers:

thats just what i need is another money pit , besides if i take the family camping and wheeling and i don't take the rubicon that would be stupid not to mention how much of a poser i would feel like by not wheeling it . on top of that that would make vehicle #4 for me and thats not including the complete ramcharger body thats siting in the back waiting for its restoration or the wifes car and we already pay a bunch for car insurance etc....

I don't think the wagon will be any more comfortable. You can buy a camper to tow though. Allthough, that's like another rig.

I love taking my TJ camping. But I also wheel it at the same time.

Have you considered pulling an adventure trailer with the TJ?

I don't think the wagon will be any more comfortable. You can buy a camper to tow though. Allthough, that's like another rig.

I love taking my TJ camping. But I also wheel it at the same time.

Have you considered pulling an adventure trailer with the TJ?

I'm not saying its gona be more comfortable but it will be little more spacious inside and out and as for a trailer ya iv thought of that but i prefer to tent it . i do have a 6x8 utility trailer that i made years ago to haul gear but this last trip that i took it and the jeep up in the sierras was difficulte . i had the trailer loaded with less than 900lbs and it towed great around home here (sea level) but as soon as i hit 4000 ft it was like someone turned on a switch that cut the power in half and u don't even want to know what it was like at 9000 ft :wall: so i could only dream what an adventure trailer would be like.

• 1 month later...

well boys Oct. 9 2009 was a sad day as i signed over the rubicon to its new owners :( , but then i drove by the dodge dealer and took a look at the Power Wagon that i "hopefully" am gona get and i felt better ;) . just got to go in and talk to them some more , will keep u posted.

• 1 month later...

Well i finaly got my Power Wagon , its a 2006 patriot blue QC with the 6 speed with 36k and its loaded to the gills , dual power/heated seats , nav , sat radio , 6 disc changer , leather ,sun/moon roof, cc , premium sound , Mopar C.A.I. , procomp lights +light bar , some silly nerf step bars :ack: , dual exhaust , linex spray in bed liner and my personal favorite is the power sliding rear window :yes:

now i would post pics but my camera is MIA!

Well i finaly got my Power Wagon , its a 2006 patriot blue QC with the 6 speed with 36k and its loaded to the gills , dual power/heated seats , nav , sat radio , 6 disc changer , leather ,sun/moon roof, cc , premium sound , Mopar C.A.I. , procomp lights +light bar , some silly nerf step bars :ack: , dual exhaust , linex spray in bed liner and my personal favorite is the power sliding rear window :yes:

now i would post pics but my camera is MIA!

:needpics:

like the truck! just one constructive criticism... can we find a blue gas door for it?

HAHA ya i got the orignal door for it but i was thinking of blacking out that chrome thing , i think that might look good but I'm just enjoying driving it for now ,ill give it a couple more weeks till start modifying it :cheers: . What worries me the most is that the fuel door bothers you more than the nerf steps and i personaly hate the stupid steps and would prefer a real functioning rock rail / step but the wife needs them right now so they stay :fs1: , the fuel door is asthetics and the step is a functional issue but to each their own.

Nice truck, good to see another power wagon owner on the board. But power steering? Power seats? Power windows? Hell, .......heat??!!!! I still can't find how any of that stuff works on mine :dunno:

Nice truck, I considered one myself a couple years ago, good luck with it!!