This is what a 350 looks like in a comanche.

too bad I'm broke right now or else i would ask if this 401 is for sale. lol.

Alex

Actually it is because i haven't bought it yet. It's still not confirmed it's a 401 because i can't see the side of the block (it's still in the jy wagoneer), but according to the VIN it came with a 401. If I get it it'll be awhile before it goes in the MJ, I wanna get it drivable first with the motor I already put in it. 8)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know you could have gone with the Buick 350. 100-125 lbs lighter and the dizzy is in the front. Lots of torque and on pump gas.

With thanks from the following urls

http://www.241computers.com/ford/ContentExpress20-30-38.html

http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/engine/index.html#buick

1970 Buick 350 450lbs

H.P.

260 350 9.00:1 2 Roch

285 350 9.00:1 4 Roch

315 350 10.25:1 4 Roch

1970 Chevy 350 575lbs

H.P.

250 350 9.00:1 2 Roch

300 350 10.25:1 4 Roch

Others were available, but these were mostly Vettes

350 350 11.00:1 4 Roch

360 350 11.00:1 4 Holl

370 350 11.00:1 4 Holl

Wayne S

The price was right for the chevy because you just can't say no to a good motor and trans for free. That is good info to have on the buick motor though. My next plan is to build,bore,and stroke a Z code 4.3 H.O. and stick that in there. Only after the 350 dies of course.

The price was right for the chevy because you just can't say no to a good motor and trans for free. That is good info to have on the buick motor though. My next plan is to build,bore,and stroke a Z code 4.3 H.O. and stick that in there. Only after the 350 dies of course.

whats wrong with the 350 that you're plannin on it not lasting? isnt that alot of work to throw away?

badarse jeep btw :popcorn:

whats wrong with the 350 that you're plannin on it not lasting? isnt that alot of work to throw away?

badarse jeep btw :popcorn:

Nothing is wrong with the ole' 350 she runs beautifully. I just have the 4.3 handy, you never can start too soon on planning the next big hole in the bottom of your wallet. And I really wouldn't have to change much to swap between the two.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

What radiator did you finally use, seeing that this is thread has some history. I am tired of having to take out my thermostat in the summer just to keep the V8 within reason. My radiator is an all aluminum one that fit in the stock location without messing with the steering box. I looked at this one, put the price tag is hard to swallow.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BCI%2D60185&N=700+4294924755+4294908280+4294908279+4294924500+4294839040+115&autoview=sku

I know you get what you pay for, but has anyone actually run one on the trail? It would be worth it if it would actually work.

Guys ,I would like to get info on putting a v8 chevy in mine !!!! anyone and everyone who has info on a build up please drop me a line. my motor is shot. so now is the time to decide. I'd like info on what drive drain was used. and what adaptors are needed. I have the motor mounts . and a motor .

thanks !!

:cheers:

What radiator did you finally use, seeing that this is thread has some history. I am tired of having to take out my thermostat in the summer just to keep the V8 within reason. My radiator is an all aluminum one that fit in the stock location without messing with the steering box. I looked at this one, put the price tag is hard to swallow.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BCI%2D60185&N=700+4294924755+4294908280+4294908279+4294924500+4294839040+115&autoview=sku

I know you get what you pay for, but has anyone actually run one on the trail? It would be worth it if it would actually work.

Believe it or not I am still using the stock 2.8 rad. It gets a little warm on hot days when I am not moving. Otherwise it runs right around 200 - 220 which is normal with a chevy v8. They make restrictor plates to go in place of your thermostat with different size holes. You might want to try one of those. They are cheap and it might be an easy fix. With no thermostat or restrictor your coolant will flow too fast and the rad cannot do it's job correctly. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

that could be. i don't see why you would need em on a 350 unless you used them for the front axle wit hthe vaccum engage if your runnin that type. they kindof look like perticulate canisters to me so thats why i was curious