This is what a 350 looks like in a comanche.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this truck a 4X4 if so . can i get info and pics on the drivetrain ?? what you use or adapted with ?? thanks

Nope 2wd w/ mopar 8 3/4 rear with a spool.

I, too, have asked AdvanceAdapters about needing a lift if putting a 350 in a 4x2 since their listing is for a 4x4 and having to deal with a differential. Soooo ... what you say appears to show, even when the mounts you used places the engine lower than the ones AdvanceAdapter supplies, the oil pan clears the front axle and suspension. Cool! BTW, front or rear sump pan?

• 2 weeks later...

man I'm putin a 327 and saginaw 4 speed in my mj."in the future" novak has every thing you would need to do it to!! just there prices are really high!!.they want 5oo big ones for there raditor. but i think thats the bigest thing i would have to buy.but who knows maybe my old 2.5 rad would work lol ive owned a couple xjs and had my fun muddin and wheeln. I'm ready to play at the track now. but i should be able to hurt some feelins in a swb manche with a sbc and 4 speed. jamminz.gif I'm just wonderin if i would have axle/oil pan issues. and would my i need to get 4.0 springs to make it sit factory hight. i don't want to rais the truck any. and maybe one day 4link the rear. :thumbsup: but u have a good lookin truck man. keep up the pics

• 6 years later...

Just read over that entire thread. My hood has a 2" scoop made by blue xj.

If possum was able to cool his engine with the vents the 2' tall x15 or so wide scoop should have no problem getting the air out.

He was using the 2.8 radiator and I am using the stock 4.0. My fans dual electric fans move much more air then the factory two did.

I  have 1/8 clearance all around my fans. The fans are 1/8 from the bottom, 1/8 from the bottom of the hood, 1/8 from the edges, and 1/8 from the radiator fins. I have a second controller cause they are way to much for the single 25 amp one.

I think they will work. But I would prefer to run a 7 blade if it will fit in there. Not concerned about the marginal hp loss. The reliability is what I am after..

The clutch slave is the big thing here. If need be I will just use what advanced adapters recommends. But I can see that costing $500 or so where as I might be able to build one from factory parts and save a few hundred.

What have you guys done for a clutch when using the ax15?