Ha Ha, what a great invention!

ComancheKid45

wow ive wasted alot of time and money setting up turbos/superchargers over the years, this thing works as good or better and cost less then $50 :nuts:

so by running like 0.001 lbs of boost i can get up to 25% more power :banana:

Ive always wondered if something like this would work, but always had enough sense in me to know any power gains would be negligible. Ive never actually seen anyone try it till now. And yeah, the boost pressure has to ba almost nothing, so why bother? They show a car making 10HP gain? Yeah right! How many of us here will notice the difference in power between 200hp and 210hp? I myself would be ashamed to let anyone know I had something like that under my hood. It brings to mind a racial stereotype followed by the word "rigging", but then again, it also looks like people with sunburned necks "engineering" :shake:

actually super-charged/turbo cars do do slightly better on gas if you can stay out of the fuel. especially on hills and hilly areas. saves you from having to drop out of top gear as much

but most times people can't leave it alone and add boost til they have to add more fuel and at that point its sucking fuel like crazy.

EDIT: BUT I AGREE THIS IS BULLSHISSTA! a properly set-up turbo car might get better mileage but non eof this crap

"# Increased Horsepower (Kilowatts for my non US friends)

# Increased Fuel Mileage

# Better Vehicle Handling

# Extends Engine Life

# Low cost Upgrade when "

....??? how in the heck is it going to cause better handling? or increase engine life?

hahahah

nice find!

the pic shows a momentary micro switch controlling the fan so I'm guessing its wired to only come on a WOT,so the rest of the time its just restricting intake air and causing turbulence in the intake.

the good news is they claim it sounds cool :thumbsup:

It brings to mind a racial stereotype followed by the word "rigging",

Huh?

Racial stereotype?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =jerry-rig

jerry-rig

To fix or put together using non-standard or improvised materials. A derivation of jury-rig, from the nautical term jury mast. This term refers to a temporary mast raised when the normal mast has been lost due to storm or battle. This is probably a short form of injury mast.

Not to be confused with Jerry-built, which refers to an original construction of poor quality.

"Jim jerry-rigged his carburetor open with a paper clip and some aluminum foil"

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-jur1.htm

[Q] From Robert Williams: I’d seen the phrase jerry rigged and assumed it was related to WWII and the efforts of German soldiers to keep things running by patching things together. However I’ve also seen it spelled jury rigged. Where does this expression come from?

[A] It’s much older than World War Two. In the form jury rigged it’s from the days of sailing ships and dates from the early 1600s, if not earlier. It refers to a mast which is makeshift or a temporary contrivance, perhaps because the original was lost or damaged in a storm. Nobody knows for sure where it comes from. It has been suggested that it’s a shortening of “injury-rigged”, though that sounds to me like something invented well after the event. Another suggestion often made is that it comes from the old French ajurie, “aid, assistance”.

We also have the term jerry-built, for a house that’s been thrown up using unsatisfactory materials; this dates from the middle of the nineteenth century and is sometimes said to derive from the name of a Liverpool firm of builders (one with a reputation that has travelled, obviously) or possibly a contraction of Jericho (whose walls fell down, you will remember, at the blast of a trumpet). Neither has been substantiated, I’m sorry to say.

It’s possible that the confusion between jerry and jury is much older than we think and that jerry in jerry-built is actually a corruption of jury, in the modified sense of “inadequate” rather than “temporary”.

And, of course, Jerry has yet another meaning, the one you referred to in your question, an informal version of German, hence jerrycan. These three terms have got thoroughly mixed up in people’s minds, to the extent that we may never be able to disentangle them again.

In fact, the expression has no racial connotations, and has nothing whatsoever to do with those panels of six or twelve people in a courtroom.