Canadian's Comanche, let see your truck and location !!

Red 1989 MJ

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2018 at 12:56 PM, gogmorgo said:

Vanderhoof?

Work shipped me out to Fort Saint James a couple months ago. Beautiful area, whished I would've had some free time during daylight to explore a bit.

I forgot to replied to this, Prince George actually.  Vanderhoof is the center, but they're just a suburb of PG. :roflmao: That picture was taken somewhere farther east, Bowron River area.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:13 PM, wyldcdn said:

Terrace BC, building my brothers dream mj. Along the way one for me.  Red/grey one was lwb, custom shortened to swb. blue one will be done the same, but flat deck. Picture of black one i like to use as a template

Right on.  I like Terrace, it's on the short list of places I would live.

Here's mine parked next to what may be the only other Comanche in town.  I don't see it very often and think the owner visits his son who lives just down the street from where I do. 

18-04-12 3.jpg

6 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

Prince George actually.  Vanderhoof is the center, but they're just a suburb of PG. :roflmao: That picture was taken somewhere farther east, Bowron River area.

I got kinda lost in PG on my way through the first time. Google literally sent me in a circle. Going down the main drag along the river coming from the east on 16, it must've thought going all the way to the end of that and across the river was shorter than the signed 16 route and I blindly followed, but I got down there and I guess it must've screwed up which lane I was in and I never even noticed it was recalculating until I was driving down that same strip along the river again. It sent me across the bridge, back the way I came, then across another bridge and back onto sixteen. The next time as I was getting sent back around after crossing the first bridge at the last minute I made it into the other lane and got headed north out of town... or something. I eventually made it back onto 16 heading west out of town but I can't say that I could pick out the route that I took to get there for the life of me.

26 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

I got kinda lost in PG on my way through the first time. Google literally sent me in a circle. Going down the main drag along the river coming from the east on 16, it must've thought going all the way to the end of that and across the river was shorter than the signed 16 route and I blindly followed, but I got down there and I guess it must've screwed up which lane I was in and I never even noticed it was recalculating until I was driving down that same strip along the river again. It sent me across the bridge, back the way I came, then across another bridge and back onto sixteen. The next time as I was getting sent back around after crossing the first bridge at the last minute I made it into the other lane and got headed north out of town... or something. I eventually made it back onto 16 heading west out of town but I can't say that I could pick out the route that I took to get there for the life of me.

Highway 16 basically dissolves into nothing when you come in that way.  You're supposed to turn left on Victoria, but the better route is to turn left on Queensway only a couple blocks into town.  Otherwise yup, you wind up going over the Cameron Street bridge, then you're over by the brewery and get turned around, then you get onto Highway 97 and go back to the actual junction of 16/97 in the middle of town.

They've talked about a bypass route and fixing some of that...  Hasn't happened. :roflmao:

6 hours ago, The wandering FlederZiege said:

Hey guys from Gibbons Alberta here don't own a MJ but have a huge interest in them and jeeps in general . also kinda looking for a MJ 😂

:waving:

I've seen a couple nice MJs come up for sill in 'Beerta over the last few years.  Scour Kijiji and Facebook, I'll bet you'll find one.

40 minutes ago, The wandering FlederZiege said:

:waving: i already tired kijji lol and no luck and once I get my band lifted on FB I'll go check 

Solid looking 2wd in Medicine Hat:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/medicine-hat/89-jeep-comanche/1346230636?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Honestly, I'd rather take one with a decent body and convert it to 4wd than start with a rotten body that's already 4wd.

3 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

Solid looking 2wd in Medicine Hat:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/medicine-hat/89-jeep-comanche/1346230636?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Honestly, I'd rather take one with a decent body and convert it to 4wd than start with a rotten body that's already 4wd.

Good point! Are they hard to convert lol

9 minutes ago, The wandering FlederZiege said:

Good point! Are they hard to convert lol

No, pretty much just get an XJ Cherokee that has the parts you need and swap them.  Basically just get one that has the same engine and fuel injection, then take the transmission, transfer case, front axle, front driveshaft, tcase shift linkage, etc out of it and install them in the MJ.  The only thing you'll need is to have a new rear driveshaft made, as finding a 4wd Comanche one is rather elusive.

There's a few builds here where it was done, and lots of threads on it in the tech forum.  My green one started out as a 2wd, although I bought it half converted.

13 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

No, pretty much just get an XJ Cherokee that has the parts you need and swap them.  Basically just get one that has the same engine and fuel injection, then take the transmission, transfer case, front axle, front driveshaft, tcase shift linkage, etc out of it and install them in the MJ.  The only thing you'll need is to have a new rear driveshaft made, as finding a 4wd Comanche one is rather elusive.

There's a few builds here where it was done, and lots of threads on it in the tech forum.  My green one started out as a 2wd, although I bought it half converted.

Awesome dude thanks and where's your build? 

• 2 years later...

https://classifieds.castanet.net/details/factory_built_jeep_turbo_diesel/4146828#.       Hi I live in Kelowna British Columbia Canada and have a 1986 Comanche turbo diesel 2.1 Renault.  I talked my friend into buying it from original owner who towed it behind his RV, this was about 2005 and I bought it from my friend in 2011.  It has 233,000.00 kilometers on it.  Extra long box and large diesel tank.  Have original box canopy too.  

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...