Questions about some used part prices

trader ray

I would just like some opinions on some prices I found. I have a black MJ and these parts are the some color and fade. The JY don't know that as he would have priced the parts higher I am sure. The weeds around this truck are no less that 4-5 feet tall. I clears some and took a photo of the rear axle and it appears to be a 8.8 as the cover was round some what, it was not a D-44. The truck is a 4.0 5 speed 2 W/D. It is also rust free. SO I have this list of things I would like to get off it as cash allows. I am getting the tailgate tomorrow as I have looked for a good one for the entire time I have owned this MJ. Here is the list..Thanks in advance for you time to post a opinion.

The tailgate is perfect, no rust or dents and is the correct color =$50.00

The doors are to nice to pass up if the price is right, plus I have a set of rust free extra's already =$75.00 for the both of them.

The axle = $200.00 I think that is too high if it is not a D 44.

Tail light assembly = $20.00 each.

I guess that is the parts I am most concerned with. Like I said, he don't know my truck is black or he would have charged even more. This is a back woods yard and is run by him only and his dog and gun.. I am getting the tailgate as mine is bending in two and is really worthless. It was bad when I got the truck. One more thing I did not get a price on cause I seen it on the way out, I have a 2.5 2 W/D and it has manuel steering. I want power. He has a XJ with 2 W/D and a 2.5 and power. The entire system is there. What should be a reasonable price for it and should I get the drag link with it.

A rear D35 is worth nothing. I have thrown away several in the last year alone.

Everything else, I can't say. You don't need the drag link if you steal that P/S setup though. Actually, you can use any P/S box out of an XJ. Just the pump/brackets need to come from the 2.5L. I'd not be willing to pay more than $100, I don't think. But I have 2 or 3 spare boxes and probably a pump for a 2.5L on hand. :roll:

I love the tailgate. I got it and all the hardware to it. Never know when one brakes or a need occurs. He is charging me $50.00 complete for the steering parts, even the fan belt, hoses and the whole deal. It is a 4x4 so I am still wondering about the gear and pitman arms being the same, as long as the shaft size is the same I can change the pitman arm. I am going to post the pics of what I took. It is really in the weeds.

I am after the power steering next before anything. I am excited about the tailgate. I had to change out the pull handle but that is because it was just setting so long. I put the wd 40 and some grease and it works fine now as a spare. I gutted my old tailgate. It is rust free but needs a hammer and some tack welds.

I will have to resize my pictures. I have always used TinyPic.com and they run off Photobucket. I have used them for years, I am a moderator on a other car forum and used TinyPic for years with them. I will set up a account with photobucket in the morning, as I want you all to see the great looking tailgate.

Thanks, I thought it looked bigger than a 35. The top welded hinge is pulled away from the body. I took plenty of pics of the tailgate but like a dope I did not have my card in camera and I don't have a cord to the camera. I will take a good side by side pic in the morning. I had to gut my old one and still don't want to get rid of it. Why is it like this, can't throw even junk away... :(