Need a rear bumper???

Hello All I am in need of a rear bumper..(for like a year) anyway I found one last year when I didn't have any$$, but now I can't find one......

Does anyone know where I can get one online??? tube style with a hitch would be cool, but any rear bumper would be good thanks all. :popcorn: :chillin:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.autotruckbumper.com/jee-comanche-89.html

Does anyone have a picture of these bumpers?? sounds like it may work.............If i buy I'm going with black jamminz.gif :idea: Any other ideas???

Part #

ATBWE-63000

Diamond Step Bumper Black REQUIRES MOUNTING BRACKET KIT (NOT INCLU.) WE-97900

just for anyone els who may need a rear bumper..... :cheers: 1-888-231-5289

I don't have a welder, but that didn't stop me from making my own. :D I used an angle grinder and a drill and paid a pro to weld up the final product.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL91/512 ... 747045.jpg

How did you cut the hole for the hitch??

I want to be just like you Pete I'm going to do the same thing......

Did you use the stock bumper brackets....like just cut them off and have them welded on???/

I had a local shop bend some 1/4" steel into a bracket and then I drilled holes. In theory you can reuse your stock brackets. The receiver hole was cut using the angle grinder. :thumbsup:

edit: I had the welding shop drill the big hole for the hitch pin (it's bigger than regular ones).

Do you have this bumper?????

Is It for the MJ?????? or is it universal with the mounting kit??????

The Westin 63000 (used to be Fey) bumper fits MJ and Dodge Dak rears, see below. I had one on my MJ when I first got it years ago. But you also need the MJ-specific bracket kit, also available from Amazon.

http://frugalmechanic.com/auto-part/918075-fey-bumper-t1263000

Old pic, but the bumper still looks the same.

Just used 4" channel, with the stock brackets, for a minimalist bumper.

Then added the hooks & receiver later on.

I had a crappy welder at the time, so I just tacked the channel to the brackets, and brought it to a shop to weld.

Is It for the MJ??????

or is it universal with the mounting kit??????

The one Hornbrod linked to is the same one your first two or three links led to. It's the Fey (brand name) universal mini-pickup bumper. All that changes to adapt to each vehicle is the brackets, which is whey they sell them separately. I had to do a bit of grinding on the brackets to get them to clear the rear pan but aside from that they are fine.

It's a functional bumper, but moderately ugly. I find myself looking at the more streamlined bumpers on Rangers and Dakotas and wondering how well or how badly one of those would fit on an MJ.

Not bad JT, but it droops; looks like exactly what it is, a bumper from something else. It's not wide enough either. I'd like to see the mounting bracketry and see if there is a reason for the droop or if it could not be helped w. the S10 bumper.

Not bad JT, but it droops; looks like exactly what it is, a bumper from something else. It's not wide enough either. I'd like to see the mounting bracketry and see if there is a reason for the droop or if it could not be helped w. the S10 bumper.

I think if you worked it a bit and did a lil triming it wouldnt look too bad.. It is a lil narrow for the MJ's though. Probably easier to just make a heavy duty one like Pete has..

While on the topic of rear bumpers, i need a new one too, and was actually thinking of modifying a cherokee front bumper to fit the back. Anyone ever do this, and if so any pics or suggestions? Cause I don't know about you guys, but if you really think how much you actually use the step part of the "step" bumper, its not much at all i think.

If no one has done it and I do ever get it fabbed up to look decent, I'll definitely make sure to put a write-up in the DIY section. :cheers:

Could do the newer s-10 bumper.. Shouldnt be hard at all to find knowing how many s10 folks take them off and add rollpans.

This thread has a good picture of one installed.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1537&p=13122&hilit=s10+bumper#p13122

uhhh, hello!! :waving: end of page one JT......... :fool:

Could do the newer s-10 bumper.. Shouldnt be hard at all to find knowing how many s10 folks take them off and add rollpans.

This thread has a good picture of one installed.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1537&p=13122&hilit=s10+bumper#p13122

uhhh, hello!! :waving: end of page one JT......... :fool:

:mad: My bad... I didnt make it to the end... :D

Is It for the MJ??????

or is it universal with the mounting kit??????

The one Hornbrod linked to is the same one your first two or three links led to. It's the Fey (brand name) universal mini-pickup bumper. All that changes to adapt to each vehicle is the brackets, which is whey they sell them separately. I had to do a bit of grinding on the brackets to get them to clear the rear pan but aside from that they are fine.

It's a functional bumper, but moderately ugly. I find myself looking at the more streamlined bumpers on Rangers and Dakotas and wondering how well or how badly one of those would fit on an MJ.

Ok I'm goning to get the westen bumper, which mounting bracket do i need to get ????????