no problems to report

i love my 2.5.... my MPG has never been better in a jeep and I have to say.. the power aint so bad turning stock tires...

.... My MJ likes classic rock.. anything else might give it a headache... :D

all you ruddy 2.5 lovers :brows: I'm feelin my 4.0... and its HEAT through the floor cause it can't stay cool! hehe...

i agree with Dirty, my cd player cured the whiny peugoet... now if it blows up at least i won't be worried about it until it happens jamminz.gif

anywhere between 18-20 mpg in my 2.5, depending on which way the wind is blowing :D

4.10's turning 235/75's, and 171K miles jamminz.gif

Stepping up to 31's soon, and regearing to 4.56's...hopefully it'll be a wash mileage-wise, although I don't see me commuting in it much at that point.

Jeff

Yeah, I know they'd be better, but I'm doing this on the cheap :D

I scored a D30 with stock 4.56's in it out of the 'yard (from a 2.5/AW4 XJ) for $80....it's been sitting in the garage in PA for almost a year now.

I traded 2 XJ D44's for an MJ D44 (3.07, open :cry: )and a brand new set of 4.56's with install kit. All I need is either an open carrier (and drop in a quick loc later) or a detriot now....I can't decide which to do. Add $100 or so for a gear setup, do a disc conversion on the '44 and slap them in. I oughta go full locker now, but funds are kinda lacking at the moment :(

Oh, and I want to add an inertia ring when I swap trannies out.

^^^fall project^^^

Jeff

Oh, and I want to add an inertia ring when I swap trannies out.

Do these things really help or what. You think someone with resources could make one on the cheap? I haver heard some things about them and its been mostly good and i have thought to do it.

Cole

I've never run one, so I can't speak from experience. But a couple of reputable guys over on NAXJA have, and say they really help (and the 2.5 needs all the help it can get).

The way they work is that they add rotational mass to the end of the crank to keep it spinning between ignition (power) pulses..which on a 4 cyl is only 1 every 90 degrees. They don't do so much for top end, rather it keeps the engine running when you lug it down to low rpm's, which is where I have problems. If I keep the wheelspeed/rpm's up either by pedal or using 4LO it does fine, but if I'm in sticky mud or stall on a hill in 4HI I have problems :headpop: There's times I'm in 4LO when I shouldn't have to be, and I don't like crazy wheelspin :driving: I figure between it and deeper gears I can avoid both situations (crosses fingers)

I feel it's a worthwhile mod for what it costs if you wheel a 2.5 jamminz.gif I'll do a writeup with pics and post in the projects forum when the time comes.

Jeff

(and NO, I don't want to swap in a 4.0L...at least not yet)