Fuel pump Sending unit

just pulled the fuel pump out and the sending unit was covered in gunk and rust. after cleaning it up theres a hole rusted through one side of the aluminum output pipes, any idea where i can get a new one don't really want to go the jy route...checked autozone, advance, pepboys, and napa so I'm pretty much outta ideas...

If I understand what your describing correctly, this is a dealer/JY only part.

Mine isnt in great shape either, but I was able to extend its life with some JB type epoxy puddy. Mine was not corroded thru though.. just loose at the solder joint where the tubes go thru the plate.

CW

Unfortunately, you can not get them at a dealership any more. They were discontinued long ago. I tried finding them when I was working at the dealership several months ago, but to no avail. I honestly don't know where to find them any more... :dunno:

The reference to tubes being corroded through leads me to believe the original poster is not really talking about the sending unit. I think he's talking about the fuel pump mounting assembly, with the two tubes and the mounting flange.

Ok so after a bit more cleaning the hole on the long tube (I'm assuming its the return line) almost looks like its suppose to be there. is just above the beveled end.. anybody seen this before or is it damaged?

A picture might help if no one is familiar with what you are asking... :idea: