Chalk another one up for us midwesterners. (GOT PICS!)

Automan2164

Just bought my Sixth MJ. (lifetime). Just test drove and bought a 1990 LWB 4x4 4.0L AX15. Grey, solid cab corners :yes: , non-saggin headliner :clapping: , cloth bench with vinyl floor. Bed has the normal rust over the wells, but the cab looks solid with exception of D/S footwell, which I can deal with. Runs like dog sh!+.... You can feel it is a cylinder or two down. Mess of broken vacuum lines, possibly a cracked manifold, and just covered in oil from all of the vacuum lines spewing about :ack: . But, it does run, and is very workable. 4x4 works good, and it moves around great. Great interior. Very clean inside. Outside needs work.

But, I can't complain, as I now join the ranks of the screaming deals on the IL WI border. Picked 'er up for $200. :banana:

Score! Pics to come, bringing it home tomorrow. Its an addiction. :shake:

Rob L.

Not bad for two hundred bucks, eh?

'edit' Just had to add the price.

Pics, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

I'm working on it. Just was too excited to wait until tomorrow. Friggen G/F's camera takes the one size memory card that doesn't work on anything at the house. :mad:

As for the cap... :dunno:

Rob L.

Yeah, just have to figure out why the hell its misfiring, and if its a manifold leak or if the head gasket is bad. Found out on the way home too, that the ol' guy doesn't like uphill grades. I think all the oil spewing out of the valve cover toasted the clutch :dunno: . Slippin a bit. Cruising at 55-60 though, rides like a cloud. I hope to build it up right. This non-H.O. 4.0L is a different beast than I'm used to. There is a lot of funky crap going with all of those vacuum lines, and coolant ran to the bottle. Weird. Its got a weird shield over the intake/exhaust runners... I had a thrown rod non ho a long long time ago :ack: , and i pulled it for a HO, so this is uncharted territory. But that cab is great. I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I see solid cab corners :yes: . Think the winshield is leaking. Keep having a puddle form on the PS floor.

Should have offered him $100. :brows:

Rob L.

Yep, the floor is through on the d/s, p/s still good. But on second look, its oil. Looks like they had something with oil on the cubby there, and its working its way down to the floor. And I found a few empty bottles of 20w-50 behind the seat... :fs1:

Better not be what he was putting in there.

Rob L.

Can you get a ticket in your driveway for parking next to a hydrant? :rotf:

Nice truck, man, awesome find. You can't even find a clean title'd ride around here for that.

Thanks all. And I would sure hope I wouldn't get a ticket. I know all of the local cops, and since i'm on the FD :D , if that hydrant ever gets used anywhere near mi casa, better believe I'll be there.

Rob L.

Rob, you can chuck most of that rat's nest of vaccuum spaghetti and convert the cooling system to open/conventional fairly easily......that'll clean things up quite nicely underhood.

Jeff

edit: lika 'dis.....

Image Not Found

Rob, you can chuck most of that rat's nest of vaccuum spaghetti and convert the cooling system to open/conventional fairly easily......that'll clean things up quite nicely underhood.

Jeff

edit: lika 'dis.....

Image Not Found

Jeff, have any more details on what can go/stay? I would really like to get rid of that mess. :ack:

Thanks

Rob L.