Dog gone

deziped

to doggy heaven today. The big guy acted like he had a stroke & went pretty quick. He was only 6 1/2. Gonna miss him on our (ritual) morning coffe run. Zanzibar would always beat me to the MJ when I put my hat on, it meant travel-un time to him.

Image Not Found

I'm sorry for your loss as well.

me tho, I know what I'd do if my dog went byebye....get a better one (i.e. a real dog, that you can't pick up, and that isn't bouncing EVERYWHERE. stupid aussie shepherd...he's lucky he was free, or we'd have let the POS go ruin someone else's life).

I miss my longhaired german shepherd...at 13 years we had to put him to sleep when he fractured his entire rear left leg. I was there, petting him at home, when the shot was administered...and let me tell you, watching the light go out of his eyes was by far the worst moment of my life. He was a real dog...deep bark, defensive toward us (and police trained to boot), but just a giant 135lb teddy bear. he only ever bit three people too...two annoying and overbearing jahova's witnesses, and once he bit my brother for stealing his bone (before he was neutered, and only @7 months old). He never did learn the concept of catch...you threw the ball, he looked at you like "you dumb@$$...the ball was right here. why'd you put it all the way over there when you obviously want it here?....tell you what, you can go get it. I'll just lay here and enjoy myself."

LOL, good pets, great memories. it's always hard to deal with losing them.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Glad it was quick.

I had an Aussie a few years ago and I loved that dog. My dad was on his way home from work and saw a guy in his back yard putting down a litter, so he whipped into the guys yard, ran back and took the last 2 puppies from him.

I have an APBT now, and I don't think I'll ever buy another breed of dog. She's really smart, really well behaved, and very protective of our daughter, but not aggressive.

She also knows how to use a standard round doorknob.

What a way to start a day :( . Very sorry to hear about that.

I was there, petting him at home, when the shot was administered...and let me tell you, watching the light go out of his eyes was by far the worst moment of my life.

I know how you feel JPCO.

My Golden yesterday decided for whatever reason to grab some eggs off the countertop.

Ya, he grabbed raw eggs, whole, from my egg bowl(where I keep the eggs my chickens lay) and ate about a half dozen. Shells and all.

Years ago the wife & I had a poodle that ate chicken eggs. At some point he realized where they were coming from and became addicted to them & chickens. Needless to say the neighbors dispatched him when they finally caught him red handed.

Really sorry to hear of your loss of a best friend. In 1999 I lost my dad. In 2000 I lost my downs syndrome little sister, In 2001 I lost my mom. In late 2001 I had to put down the last thing I had left, a 17 year old Shiz Zue named Sophie and the only decent thing I got out of my divorce in 89. I still miss that dog. I'd clone her in a heartbeat if I was rich. I kept her sweater which I realized years later had some hairs still in it. Maybe someday when prices come down and I don't travel all over the place for a living. I'd like to have another one for those retirement days. Very smart little dog.

Sorry to hear about your best friend......... I have a 2 year old chocolate lab.....don't know what I would do with out him....

dogs are better than people IMHO........ However it is a good time of year for a puppy....... but don't rush it wait till you are ready. :waving: :cheers: a toast to your friends memory.