JOMJ87 (Cole) MJ project

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Freerocknok now its even harder to decide what to do :mad: . What do you like the best or what does everyone think would look best also does anyone like the Big star on the hood idea or the USA above the MJ-87 on the hood? I can not figure otu what to do :wall: someone please help or talk me into doing one oe the other of ALL the above designs. HELP!!!!!

Cole

I am using stencils that look like that but i think they are a little smaller. It seems like so far everyone is leaning towards the front fender so today after work i will check here one last time to see if any better arguments are placed and then i will start on it.

Cole

The choices are endless so it's important to do what you like ('cause you're the one who has to stare at it every day). Try hunting down a couple of old-iron military websites and see what has been popular over the years. I plan to add plenty of smaller stencils to my truck (when and if I get around to painting it). Things like "step here" and "danger" where applicable. :D

Actually i was going to put Danger near the muffler And doing that on some spots but i can't find any examples on the net so i think i will go with an airplane pic to base that off of. I have also debated putting the gross wieght and center of balance markings on it. To many designs to choose from but i know i am doing the MJ-87 And prob USA. I am also redoing the star to big bigger and more centered in the door since it looks better that way in the pic We will see what happens. :popcorn:

Cole

I'd personally avoid that little star on the rear quarter panel...too many stars...it's not the TEAM AMERICA truck or something... :USAflag:

Or is it? ;)

Oh and you should take your gas cap cover door thingamajig off..i've always thought that looks alittle militant (which is a good thing :nuts: ) It'd be smart to then get a locking gas cap too.

Anyway, i've been a huge fan of olive green paint, and yours is freaking awesome! keep up the good work mang. jamminz.gif

Thanks and no i will not be putting the small star i talked myself out of it yesterday when i was planning with some masking tape. Right now iam going to add the lettering if i can find the style stencils i want to use. :mad: Still planning and mocking up a couple other ideas so we will see what i go with later on. Thanks for the props I am glad some guys appreciate the paint some of the guys onbase think its stupid cause its not a MB or any kind of M- series jeep But i told them its a dam MJ :brows:

Cole

• 2 months later...

OK I am bringging this back up because the paint and decals are done for now. Spence Hooked me up with some custom decals and they are great they worked out very well and Spence has out done himself. They are ecaxt to what I want and fit just like the photochop above someone done when I first talked about the letter. Here are the pics. What do you think of her.

Cole

And he even sent this one along and I LOVE it

• 2 weeks later...