JOMJ87 (Cole) MJ project

So i finally Painted the MJ.. jamminz.gif It was not looking so swell and there were alot of small rust spots so i decided to brake out the sander and the rattle cans and got to it. After 3 hours of prep and 45min of painting it turned out like this.......

Thers a couple of bad spots but it looks alot better than it did since it was 3 different shades of primer grey and the orginal paint. Now i just got to touch up the spots that need it. Then i can finish the interior.

Cole

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a roll bar off of a Ford ranger It bolted right on no issues. You might want to look in to this since there are prob more rangers than manches floating around.

My MOS (Its called AFSC in the air force) is 3E9X1 which means I'm a Chemical/Biological/Nuclear guy but mostly chemical warfare.so if any thing bad happens with any of these we go find it and figure out how bad it is and plot it out on a map...I also teach Chem Warfare Class (the class where you get gassed with tear gas :brows: ) It intels alot more but i would be here all night explaining it but thats the main stuff and the FUN.

Cole

I forgot to mention My buddy talked me into putting the stars on the doors and he wants me to put a big one on the hood??? I got the driver side star on and will do the other tomorrow and i will post pics hopefully tomorrow. What do yall think of the one on the hood should i dare or not???Also i thought of doing numbers on the side of the bed near the cab kindof like the MB jeeps of WW2 but i am thinking of MJ-87 or MJ-1987 I just don't know how does this sound also? I just need some help decideing to do the last 2 things but the first is started.

Kind of like this one has the numbers and the star on the hood also the numbers would be on the bed side near the cab.

Cole

In WW2 It was the Army AIR Corp so its all the same :brows: If you get technical with it. Plus i really like the old school paint job alot. I have had alot of people say pretty much the same thing "your air force not army" or "you can't be that hardcore about the military" i have heard it all but i love that paint job on the MB jeeps.

Cole

thing under the antenna looks like a CB mount.

Correct it WAS a mount for a smaller sized cb attenna until it met a tree and then a rock face but that nub still remains and it will leave a huge hole if i remove it so it will stay until i find something to go there to cover it. Maybe a sticker or something i just don't know yet.

Cole

I guess I wonbt be painting Pong green now :roll: maybe I will repaint pong Black and paint the cage green :eek: :D

I like that. Well, if you mean the olive drab like that, I like that alot.

Didn't someone have an MJ that was olive drab, and it had a big ol Warn thing on the hood?

I like the look, good work!

I had seen Comando's jeep about three months ago on this site and thats the reason i finnaly got the balls to do it after 7 months of haveing the paint. I was worried that the rattle can idea wasnt going to work to well but it looks alot better than haveing all the primered spots all over the truck :roll: . I am happy with the results and i think I'm going to do the numbers but i don't know about the big star. Decisions Decisions

Cole

I havent thought of anything different on the hood i have been trying to figure out to do the star or not. I am open to ANY suggestions just send them my way i trust everyones judgment and love the input. We are kinda a family you know.LOL

Cole

Its from walmart. there is a post with a pic of the can in another post but i don't know which one. Its called camoflouge somethning another.

You can also order it in gallon sizes from a military surplus store online so you could spray it from a gun like you are "suposed to" as i have been told by my friends on base.

if you need more details let me know i will take a pic of the can if noone else knows where to find it.

Cole

Ok so i got a wild hair and decided to tape on exactly what I'm thinking of painting on the fender. This is just masking tape so i will have an idea what it will look like. Also the stars are on the doors and i know they are not perfect in the center of the door but i thought it looked better centered in the widow slighly instead.What do you think. Oh yeah i finnaly got a pic of the wife sitting in the truck even though she claims to hate it :brows: . I think she is a liar :D

Shoould i go for it on the fender or are there better ideas out there as far as what to put there and especially what to do on the hood?

Cole

I forgot to add this. This is what I'm kinda going for just incase you were wondering. I really like this style of vehicle for some unknown reason. I guess its the same thing thats got me hooked on the MJ thing,

Cole