weird clicking while turning

it only happens once in a while and its only when i turn left i get tis lke click sound or snap type sound coming from the front... also my steering wheel i can move it about half a quarter both ways with out moving the tires i got used to it but is it bad? it pasted inspection...

I'm also interested in any information and prices you may have on the steering box. My truck has some play in the wheel, thought it was normal, but it sounds like i might need to do some snooping to make sure everything is kosher.

*sigh* guys guys guys....read the post and look at bold

it [clicking] only happens once in a while and its only when i turn left i get tis lke click sound or snap type sound coming from the front... also my steering wheel i can move it about half a quarter both ways with out moving the tires i got used to it but is it bad? it pasted inspection...

answer:

track bar. either the upper TRE or lower bushing is shot, loose, or the lower bolt hole has become grooved. also check tie rod ends on drag-link and tie rod

I suppose the ujoints could use some grease, but they're not likely the main source of your issues.

-Pat

thank gawd haha i grease everything regularly but when under there last week doing an oil change i noticed one i forgot on the track bar so hopfully that helps when i get my lift kit i'll be getting a new trac bar anyways and I'm looking into the v8 zj steering upgrade...can you like buy ned stuff for the zj steering so its like new?

x3 on the track bar

mine makes the same sound under the same conditions, haven't had time to fix with all the damn school work

quick question though is it usually the top or the bottom end that gets loose? for me its up on top

and whats the best way to fix it?

x4 on the Track bar,,,

Mine was doing the exact same thing. It took me several days to find it as nothing was visually loose and I couldn't move anything by hand. I torqued the frame mount end and that fixed it. It kept me guessing for several days. :thumbsup:

x5 for the trac bar. Pull the cotter pin and tighten down the nut. I will be doing it again tomorrow on mine. Trying to hold off buying one until I do my lift. The difference in steering was amazing when I tightened it up last time, felt like a new truck.