I'm finally Done.

mfpdm

Well, I finally finished it today. No, not the build. I hung up my uniform and retired after 24 years of service in the Navy. It was a great ride and I'll miss it. Now I'll have to decide what to be when I grow up and most importantly, find a job.

For those still serving or those thinking about joining, it's not easy staying the course, but the end result is worth every minute.

Maybe now I'll find some time to finish the Wild build. :thumbsup:

Relax and grow the hair and beard out image_209027.gif . Thats what i will be doing after 15 more years in the good ole' USAF. 38 will not be bad to retire at. :brows: can't wait to hit that milestone!!! Congrats and thanks for all the time you put in there for us.

Cole

I do not have a choice. I still owe 8 years, and my clock does not start till after I get my Wings 2 years or so from now. So I figure I might as well stay the course as well. Congrats man. Just an Idea, but when my uncle retired, he ended up just coming back as a civilian contractor 4 weeks later, same job. Damn double dipper.

I know several double uppers. Postal jobs seem like they would be nice for the pocket after retirement to. I hope to be well enough off that i can do a job i love without worrying with my pay check amount. Just another pipe dream.

Cole

Well, I finally finished it today. No, not the build. I hung up my uniform and retired after 24 years of service in the Navy. It was a great ride and I'll miss it. Now I'll have to decide what to be when I grow up and most importantly, find a job.

For those still serving or those thinking about joining, it's not easy staying the course, but the end result is worth every minute.

Maybe now I'll find some time to finish the Wild build. :thumbsup:

Congrats Chief. You made it three more years that I did. It's a great feeling, also was a bit scary. But I jumped right into Civil Service at NAVWEPSTA Yorktown and moved on from there. Couldn't stomach the idea of becoming a flocking contractor. :D Forgot what your rating was shipmate. Planning on staying in the No-flock area?

Thanks to all. :cheers:

Congrats Chief. You made it three more years that I did. It's a great feeling, also was a bit scary. But I jumped right into Civil Service at NAVWEPSTA Yorktown and moved on from there. Couldn't stomach the idea of becoming a flocking contractor. Forgot what your rating was shipmate. Planning on staying in the No-flock area?

Was a Sonar Tech. and yeah, I'll be staying in the Hampton Roads area. More and likely I'll become a contractor. Civil Service has it's benefits and job security, but the contractors pay a lot better. Will probably do it for awhile till I figure out what I would really like to do. It's is a bit scary. I guess it would kind of be like being married for 24 years, get a divorce, and then have to start dating again. :D

:cheers:

Was a Sonar Tech. and yeah, I'll be staying in the Hampton Roads area. More and likely I'll become a contractor. Civil Service has it's benefits and job security, but the contractors pay a lot better. Will probably do it for awhile till I figure out what I would really like to do. It's is a bit scary. I guess it would kind of be like being married for 24 years, get a divorce, and then have to start dating again. :D :cheers:

Ping jockey, all right! :D I was an FT. Went to work at NWS Yorktown building Terrier/Tartar missles, but saw the handwriting on the wall - not much future doing that. Went into Telecomms at Yorktown then got a GS-11 job in Subic Bay and stayed in Pac theater for many many years. Made it up to GS-14, then came back to the States to finish my high three and retired a short time ago out of Redstone Arsenal. I never wanted to be a contractor because of the year-to-year uncertainty of it, and with a family I much prefered the security. And the way the economy's going now, it's even worse. The best of luck in the future to you Chief - I'm glad I'm done with it though....... :cheers:

Made it up to GS-14, then came back to the States to finish my high three and retired a short time ago out of Redstone Arsenal. I never wanted to be a contractor because of the year-to-year uncertainty of it, and with a family I much prefered the security. And the way the economy's going now, it's even worse. The best of luck in the future to you Chief - I'm glad I'm done with it though....... :cheers:

I'm with you on that, federal jobs are usually pretty secure, and getting your high three with a GS 14 leaves you with a nice retirement package.

My old man has been a fed for as long as I have been around, and right now is setup with a pretty nice high 3(think top level NASA employee in southern california).

right now he is torn between sticking with the same job and getting the best high 3 he can, or leaving california to go somewhere where he can afford to live, and probably taking a lower paying job.

that and he kinda hopes something opens up at headquarters in DC and he can transfer to SES.