Changing to 8.8 rear

I am getting a 8.8 rear put in my MJ and have the option of the following 4.10,3.73, 3.55 and 3.07 (which I have now and don't care for with the mountain roads in my area). So for my situation I would be using the truck for some plowing and trips to the home depot and such. It is not my daily driver it is a secondary vehicle. What are your opinions? Also, I read it is not recommended to use used gears because of wear so I will be getting new ones for the front.

I know. I wanted the Dana 44 but this seems to be a good deal for me since I have no real mechanical skills. It does have disk brakes also. Which reminds me. Is there anything that needs to be done to the lines or is all good for the swap.

OK. Now I need your opinion on price. I know you guys do most of the work yourself but I don't have that talent. So if you were to charge someone to do the following:

Purchase from and install a 8.8 rear (my gear choice) from a 2003 Bronco with disk brakes

Regear my front to match

Weld new spring perchase for axle

$600 -axle, labor to install axle, regear front labor and weld perches :dunno:

600 for everything is a GOOD PRICE!!!

Figure $250 for the axle, Regear is or can be expensive say 4-6hrs @ 90 per, $360-$540 + parts and more labor for the welding and the actual install. You say you can get it ALL for 600!! WOW, that is a VERY GOOD price.

For the front, just go find a complete axle assembly and throw it in. you can do this with minimal experience, its not trerribly difficult. Again, 250 - 300 cost for said axle.

CW

WHO LET THAT FORD LOVER IN HERE?

:no: :no: if this person was a ford lover they would have guess the right vehicle first time around btw i do recall that this person maybe a she from a clutch problem they have mention in an earlier post... and thier quite a few of these folks running 8.8 which is a choice they have made for one reason or another and keepin ture to the AMC now Mopar brand they had parts from the other manufactor's. :smart: and they have an MJ that works for them :cheers:

WHO LET THAT FORD LOVER IN HERE?

:no: :no: if this person was a ford lover they would have guess the right vehicle first time around btw i do recall that this person maybe a she from a clutch problem they have mention in an earlier post... and thier quite a few of these folks running 8.8 which is a choice they have made for one reason or another and keepin ture to the AMC now Mopar brand they had parts from the other manufactor's. :smart: and they have an MJ that works for them :cheers:

Yeah Eagle! :fool:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: All I have to say eagle is wow! :teehee:

Thanks again guys for your input. I am a "Mustang" lover. But I only have one of those and two Jeeps. So why not mix the two. Especially if others that have the 8.8 like their setups. I don't mind anyones comments. That is what this board is all about. I value everyones opinion.

Diane