OK newbie question here, 60 under and unibody?

I have a friend with two XJ's that have D60's under them. I don't see why there would be an issue with that... :dunno:

The Green one still has the D30 front, but the Yellow one is D60 front & rear. I was driving the Green one on this trip to Tellico, NC :D

ISENT THE JK RUBI A DANA 30 WITH DANA 44 CENTER

That is what I thought. I think there is a article on it in JP or Petersens mag, something about the tubes I think still a weak but either way I know it would be better than a D30.

But I was wondering how stupid it would be to truss the d30 and alloy the shafts and run 4.88's turning my 37's or should I source out a D44 or 60 perhaps. Just was wondering on the 60's being I was told they are to big for the unibody strength. :dunno: The girl wants me to swap everything over to my red jeep and make it pretty and I think I want to as well. as my green would be great with the top cut off but the rust is getting to it bad under neath and would need some major work that isn't worth it. So thinking just plate the the hell out of the frame and build my cage inside and swap the drivetrain out and suspension and etc.

It's the TJ rubi that sucks (low pinion front, Dana 30 parts, etc). The new JK rubi has sweet axles underneath. They are AAM M-44s with a high pinion front axle. The rubi versions come with 4.10 gears and selectable lockers in them. :D

It's the TJ rubi that sucks (low pinion front, Dana 30 parts, etc). The new JK rubi has sweet axles underneath. They are AAM M-44s with a high pinion front axle. The rubi versions come with 4.10 gears and selectable lockers in them. :D

But, I think they are 5x5 bolt pattern. :???:

Um. you should be able to get them through your local Chrysler or Jeep dealership. They are sold through Mopar. I'll bet there are other companies selling them online though. As expensive as they are, I would shop around for the best price (shipping might be a bummer with the internet companies).

Careful as you research the internet for info on these. Some of the early info coming out of people's keyboards was crap. :shake:

Dang that sucks, times are hard these days.

T-Shirts? Let me look around for that I want one. :wavey:

I think its to late there pal....

I reported this as Image Not Found

:yes:

lol.... yeah.... ok buddy... so you don't stop by and visit... fine.. start asking all kinds of questions,,, fine.... but you know theres this button on top and it has these letters on it that look like this; S E A R C H........or you could just click this paragraph... :rotfl2:

Dang that sucks, times are hard these days.

T-Shirts? Let me look around for that I want one. :wavey:

I think its to late there pal....

I reported this as Image Not Found

:yes:

lol.... yeah.... ok buddy... so you don't stop by and visit... fine.. start asking all kinds of questions,,, fine.... but you know theres this button on top and it has these letters on it that look like this; S E A R C H........or you could just click this paragraph... :rotfl2:

Image Not Found :rotfl2:

I still have the part numbers for them...

Front - P5155252 will run in the $2500 - $2700 range, but appears to be on national backorder right now.

Rear - P5153826AB will run in the $1600 - $1800 range and there are 23 of them currently in the national warehouse.

They no longer come complete with brakes as they originally did.

They still have not cut off my access to the Chrysler website ;)

for that price I can get a dynatrac fully locked up one with all the goodies too. Wow. Been doing alot of reading and seems like there is alot of fab work involved in the 44's and not so much the 60, so I'm trying to find prices on 60's, f-250/350 78-79 year range I would guess whould be my best bet? :dunno: Any comments on that?

Get a chevy dana 44 for the front! Just slap on a dana 300 (w/no flip) twin sticks and your tha shizzzz!!!! That’s what I did last time. I ran 37’s with no problem!!! For the rear I would go with a 44 also. I stay away from those 14 bolt plows and dana 60 ship anchors!! They are too big and weigh too much! At least that’s my style. I have a light foot. Heck if you have a light foot and good shafts you could run 40’s on dana 44’s. :idea:

The new JK rubi has sweet axles underneath. They are AAM M-44s with a high pinion front axle.

The JK axles are still made by Dana, not AAM. They are still referred to as D30, D35, and D44, but most things like gears, etc. were redesigned and are not interchangeable with other earlier axles of the same model.

Willy