It's about time...

Geonovast

Even here in Ohio, NOT in the lake effect snow belt we had a few inches last week, some of which was still around this morning. But with a low of 11 degrees Saturday morning and 7 degrees Sunday morning stuff doesn't melt easily.

Had rain today, but they're forecasting 1-3" tomorrow and another 2-4" tomorrow night.

And heading to the "Great White North" for 4 day T-day weekend into the dead smack middle of the Lake Huron snow belt. Parents had 26" in the back yard as of yesterday 5pm. Not driving the Jeep, though. 2 seats and 3 people dictates Suburban.

BUT

I'm heading there again solo (thus Jeep) for Xmas and New year's. Most likely get to play in real snow then.

We got about 4 inches in central PA on friday and I was lovin it. jamminz.gif Long range forecasts show really cold weather and even a possible snowstorm around Dec 2-5. Who knows though, most of the time the weathermen don't know whats going to happen anyway. :shake:

what is that white stuff? did a teddy bear factory explode?

That would be "snow" southern boy. A form that liquid H2O takes when ambient temps reach a part of the thermometer that you have never used. Can be just as challenging as mud to wheel in, but it doesn't need to be washed off. It will eventually go away on it's own. :D

you have not been wheelin if you have never tried to drive through a 7 or 8 foot tall snow drift thats 20 feet wide. some of the best wheelin i have ever dun was in the snow.

plus its not as bad for your mj as the mud is. you don't have to wash it off and it dsnt act like sand paper or get into stupid areas.

and i would like to know where in central pa we had 4 inches of snow. i live in the northern tip of dauphin county and we only got about 1inch. I'm hopin we get enough to go wheelin in soon. my first ever trip to RC will prolly end up being this winter in the snow. jamminz.gif

and i would like to know where in central pa we had 4 inches of snow. i live in the northern tip of dauphin county and we only got about 1inch. I'm hopin we get enough to go wheelin in soon. my first ever trip to RC will prolly end up being this winter in the snow. jamminz.gif

Up around Tower City and Clarks Valley we got about 4 inches :yes:

Salt doesn't come with snow. Salt comes from the stupid road department to try to make them a little more safe for people who shouldn't be allowed to drive in snow anyway because, well, they don't know how to drive in snow.

And without salt, rust becomes almost a non-issue, so it doesn't come with snow either.

Salt doesn't come with snow. Salt comes from the stupid road department to try to make them a little more safe for people who shouldn't be allowed to drive in snow anyway because, well, they don't know how to drive in snow.

And without salt, rust becomes almost a non-issue, so it doesn't come with snow either.

true, but have you ever had to clean up a fitness centre in the middle of winter in a county which opts instead for sand? it's HORRIBLE.

I like salt. I don't like lazy people who won't wash their vehicles frequently.