Project: Not spending a dime

Hey 1999MJ, where did the truck come from? The reason I ask is because I tried contacting a guy months ago that had it for sale out on cape cod. I never got a response from him, but then saw it on this website and noticed someone from the next town over had it ( i think ). I'm guessing I just missed out on that one ( if you picked it up in CT )......woulda been a great winter beater. Anyways, keep up the good work, keep the pics coming!!

the front has V8 grand cherokee coils and 2" spacers and the rear is just a sprng over on stock springs. The rear is abour 2" higher then the front but I will be correcting that with a set of 4.5 springs I got from a buddy for free and it's also getting a set of RE drop brackets that I traded someone some interrior parts for.

so your running factory control arms and just a drop bracket ? and what are you doing as far as a track bar. because i keep looking at different lifts and some cost 1600. and I'm like ? because some ppl just throw springs under there. and thats all i want to do SOA rear something up front. with a track bar. and should i run drop brackets?

Sorry for the questions not meaning hijack or anything i am just new to these trucks and plan on lifting mine yesterday lol. and all the info i can get helps

for now I'm going to be running stock control arms with just the drop brackets. I have a set of rustys uppers but no lowers. If I can find a set of cheep or free lowers then I will change them over. I have a Rustys track bar drop bracket and the bushing end so I will most likely just make my own adjustable track bar. There's nothing wrong with running drop brackets. Anything after 4.5" of lift drop bracket are reccomended if your going to stick with short arms.

Be wary of the track bar drop bracket. If you use it, your track bar and the steering center link will not be parallel any more, causing bump steer. Also, the drop bracket and resulting leverage of the track bar can cause frame damage around the bracket.

After 4.5" of lift, a long arm kit and adjustable track bar are recommended. You can do without the long arm kit, either by using drop brackets or using longer (adjustable) control arms, but in my opinion a longer (adjustable) track bar is the answer, not a track bar drop bracket.

well i planned on running a new adjustable track bar. from motion off road. my big concern was having to spend the money on control arms. so i guess drop bracket kit.

I know that you get what you pay for and it is unsafe to try to do a budget lift. but i am not trying to go hardcore. i just want a decent amount of lift for cost.

so i guess i will go SOA in the rear 6.5 Springs up front Drop brackets for control arms . And new track bar. would that be an ok combo for 33s?

By the way did you use a template for your camo because it looks bad @$$. thinking of doing something like that. or an artic camo. because black white and gray is the $#!&.

Be wary of the track bar drop bracket. If you use it, your track bar and the steering center link will not be parallel any more, causing bump steer. Also, the drop bracket and resulting leverage of the track bar can cause frame damage around the bracket.

After 4.5" of lift, a long arm kit and adjustable track bar are recommended. You can do without the long arm kit, either by using drop brackets or using longer (adjustable) control arms, but in my opinion a longer (adjustable) track bar is the answer, not a track bar drop bracket.

Which track bar drob bracket are you refering to to be wary of??

well i planned on running a new adjustable track bar. from motion off road. my big concern was having to spend the money on control arms. so i guess drop bracket kit.

I know that you get what you pay for and it is unsafe to try to do a budget lift. but i am not trying to go hardcore. i just want a decent amount of lift for cost.

so i guess i will go SOA in the rear 6.5 Springs up front Drop brackets for control arms . And new track bar. would that be an ok combo for 33s?

By the way did you use a template for your camo because it looks bad @$$. thinking of doing something like that. or an artic camo. because black white and gray is the $#!+.

I just free handed it. I was thinking of going the black and white and gray camo but got a good deal on these colors

Which track bar drob bracket are you refering to to be wary of??

I have a Rustys track bar drop bracket

That one. ANY track bar drop bracket can cause issues. Bump steer can be solved by a matching pitman arm drop bracket, but that would cause even more stress to the frame (through the steering box). To cope with that stress, the frame can be reinforced, and/or a brace added to run to the other frame bar, but in the end, what looked like an inexpensive solution gets more expensive than the alternative: using an adjustable control arm.

hey sorry if I'm bugging you just really like your truck. how many bottles did you buy and end up needing because i am thinking about stealing your idea just going artic camo with it. maybe even get some cardboard and do urban or digital theme i just really like how it came out on your truck