Project: Not spending a dime

Well I sold my 86 MJ and do you think I could stop my self from buying another one.....NOPE! Got an 89 MJ short bed 4x4 sport truck 4speed and 4 banger with 97k off a guy on NAXJ. Some of you may have seen it on there for sale. Really only wanted it for the camper top for my 88 Chief but the rest of the truck has grown on me. Going to do a cheep build up on it with parts I have laying around the shop.

Plans are 29 spline 8.25

33" PJ dirt grips on 15x10's

spring over (alreday done) and 5ish inches of lift in the front(not done)

littlle body work and some fresh front fenders and no flares

Desert camo paint job and some custom bumpers

Here's a picture of how the previous owner had it advertised. I will take some pictures of it as it sits right now over the weekend.

So today I removed he cap from thos honey and put it on my Chief. Cut the door hinges and made the doors removeable. Removed the front fenders and replaced them with a nicer set that I had from the 99mj project andthat's about it for right now. Going to start removing the sport truck decals this weekend and start getting it ready for paint

it the front lifted at all?

put some air in that tire and i would like to see exactly how much rake it has to the front

The way I bought it is with the front lifted with V8ZJ coils and 2" spacers. I'm going to be replacing that with a set of 4.5 Rustys coils and the 2" spacers with RE drop brackets. On level ground it's got a good 3" of rake

i love that manche looks and sits i would like to cut and trim my front finders to look like that

danrace1.jpg

or like this

both are bad*** but first i need finder flairs to put on once it is cut up

No, to be honest first you need a suspension and tire setup actually worth cutting up your MJ for. :nuts:

but the front fenders are fiberglass not steel and are not the factory ones my brother had a set on a cherokee that he did. they are made to clear bigger tires and allow more suspention movement without the negatives of the front wheels rubbing

see if i do an SOA i want to sit level or maybe with the front 2-3 inches higher than the rear

If I can find my damn camera I will get a couple pictures

U guys done hyjacking mt thread...lol :hijack:

so where's the pix :rotf: btw how do you figure not spending a dime :huh???:

i know

i know

:smart: you have a cardboard sign that states will work for jeep parts :cheers: and good luck

see if i do an SOA i want to sit level or maybe with the front 2-3 inches higher than the rear

If I can find my damn camera I will get a couple pictures

U guys done hyjacking mt thread...lol :hijack:

so where's the pix :rotf: btw how do you figure not spending a dime :huh???:

i know

i know

:smart: you have a cardboard sign that states will work for jeep parts :cheers: and good luck

I still can;t find my damn camera!

And your right. I have spent a little more then a dime so far :fool:

Had to buy paint and some sand parer

For some reason this new format will not allow me to place pictures on here. Telling me they are to wide? Not sure how to shrink them so here are the links to the pictures

finally found my camera. Here's a coupld pictures . I got the wheels striped and painted with the Krylon camo colors paint

Got the tires mounted up trimed the fenders a bit, choped some of the rust off and gave he one side a quick coat of the same krylon paint.

Has a bit of a rake on it. I still have to install the front 4.5" springs and the spacers to get it to sit level. I also added the roll bar from my chief and put the cap on the chief for the winter.