flag headliner

comanche13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems it would be simple enough to do, BUT...In My Opinion...that is a terrible disgrace to our flag to use it in that manner. The flag should not be used as a vehicle decoration, as clothing or in any manner except the way it was intended...to fly in glory on a pole representing our great nations freedom. Any other use of it or it's likeness is an insult & disgrace.

Sorry for my rant, but I am very tired of see this type of disrespect. Please CLICK HERE TO READ THE FLAG ETIQUETTE - STANDARS OF RESPECT.

This is intended as an education for all to show that it is not "cool" or "Patriotic" to put the flag on your clothes or car as many people seem to think. I just want people to understand what is right & wrong. If you choose to do the wrong thing...that is up to you, but don't expect help or respect from me or people like me that have served this country and have the proper respect for it. :cheers:

meatgrinder13 - this is NOT directed specifically at you nor is it said with any hostility...just so happens that you brought it up and I felt it time to express my feelings and hopefully help some folks to understand the correct way of doing things ;) :D

Seems it would be simple enough to do, BUT...In My Opinion...that is a terrible disgrace to our flag to use it in that manner. The flag should not be used as a vehicle decoration, as clothing or in any manner except the way it was intended...to fly in glory on a pole representing our great nations freedom. Any other use of it or it's likeness is an insult & disgrace.

Sorry for my rant, but I am very tired of see this type of disrespect. Please CLICK HERE TO READ THE FLAG ETIQUETTE - STANDARS OF RESPECT.

This is intended as an education for all to show that it is not "cool" or "Patriotic" to put the flag on your clothes or car as many people seem to think. I just want people to understand what is right & wrong. If you choose to do the wrong thing...that is up to you, but don't expect help or respect from me or people like me that have served this country and have the proper respect for it. :cheers:

meatgrinder13 - this is NOT directed specifically at you nor is it said with any hostility...just so happens that you brought it up and I felt it time to express my feelings and hopefully help some folks to understand the correct way of doing things ;) :D

Glad to see I am not the only one left who isn't sitting on my shoulders. :cheers:

Painted, cloth...doesn't matter when it comes to the use of the American Flag, the etiquette is the same ;) .

I am not sure of the etiquette in relation to the use of the different Military Brach Flags, but I will be happy to work on that if needed... :D

I'm putting the confederate flag i just used that as a example
I like that idea... jamminz.gif :D

Yes...they still make those. There was a big blow up over it down here the other day because there is a place just a bit north of me that has been flying a giant one for many years and they just replaced it with an even bigger one...something like 30 feet x 60 feet :eek: :D

I like that idea... jamminz.gif :D

Yes...they still make those. There was a big blow up over it down here the other day because there is a place just a bit north of me that has been flying a giant one for many years and they just replaced it with an even bigger one...something like 30 feet x 60 feet :eek: :D

DEAUM!!!!! I don't think anybody could use that for a headliner :D . But taz, I need to find a cood headliner backer from a manche before I can start with Project Navy

What's the Canuck Conferedate flag look like? :D

Same as ours except it has a moose on it drinking a beer and playing hockey..... ;)

taz, I need to find a cood headliner backer from a manche before I can start with Project Navy
Unfortunately...headliners have been discontinued through us. They didn't offer just the backer either...they were complete.

Check the MOPAR Depot database, Brent. In 2003, I purchased a grey factory MJ headliner that was one of less than a dozen left in existance. I think the depot was in Milwaukee or somewhere out in the midwest.

I have purchased a lot of discontinued MOPAR parts. It is usually just a matter of urging the guy behind the counter to check the depots.

Hornbrod,

There has been a guy on eBay that has been fabricating aftermarket MJ headliners complete with the backing...not just fabric. eBay is down as I write, but check there when you get the chance.

:cheers:

V/R

Paul

Check the MOPAR Depot database, Brent. In 2003, I purchased a grey factory MJ headliner that was one of less than a dozen left in existance. I think the depot was in Milwaukee or somewhere out in the midwest.

I check that with every part that I look up if I don't have it in stock. There is a Chrysler website that I keep open on my computer all day long to do just that. It's a nationwide locator that shows all dealers and warehouses/depots ;) :cheers: .

I'm gonna do a confederate flag for the hearliner or the roof of my truck. ive been trying to decide for like 8 months now. maybe ill do both jamminz.gif

Good luck with sporting the Stars & Bars. I descend from many Confederate veterans (none of them owned slaves) and although I remain proud of their undying loyalty to Virginia, I don't want my windows busted out by some uneducated, left-winged, freakish punk who believes that the Confederate Flag was invented by the KKK and stands for nothing but racism and the opression of another race.

There are a lot of sick puppies out there and just be forewarned that you might not be present when they get set-off by your flag and decide to reek havoc and take it out on your MJ. Some jerks are so sick in the brain that they would vandalize a vehicle over a simple magnetic logo of their favorite sports team's rival so I refuse to sport any New England Patriots logos on my MJ as well.

In Virginia, the DMV offers 'Jimmy Buffett' Parrothead plates as well. As much as I love Jimmy, I would never sport 'Parrothead' plates, for it would only further provoke the police to target me as a potential DUI. My wife's co-worker's husband has Parrothead plates and gets pulled over all of the time.

Anyway, I hope your MJ doesn't get vandalized for sporting the Stars & Bars. Incognito is my policy, but that is only my worthless opinion. Good luck and best wishes...

:cheers:

V/R

Paul