Where I've been....

beaterjeep

I happened to notice I was asked about, so instead of hi-jacking that thread, I'll make this one. Yes, I haven't been feeling the best lately; I'll get to that in a bit though. First off, I had my motherboard on my computer fry about a month ago, so was without internet for a couple weeks. A neighbor of mine is letting me borrow his tower to get me by. Problem is, he wants it back next Saturday.

Then, to top everything off, on Sunday (the 10th) I woke up about 5:30am to sever back spasms to the extent that I couldn't feel or move my legs. I had to call for an ambulance to come get me, it was that bad. On the way to the ER, they started me on an IV, and when I got to the ER (5 minute or so drive) they started me on a dose of dantrium through said IV, and gave me 10mg of valium. This continued until the spasms finally resided. I was held in observation until they felt comfortable enough with my stability in standing and walking. Finally around 1:45pm I was released. I was sent home with a continual dose of 10mg of valium every 4-6 hours for a 10 day span. Since then, I've been staying home, getting a LOT of sleep, staying off my feet as much as possible, and all around feeling like he!!.

Now with jeepco coming here next weekend, I have to attempt to clean the utter chaos and disaster area that has ensued in my apt before he gets here. All while battling through the valium, and the thoughts of "what if the spasms come back again?".

So, in short, yea, I'm still around, still battling major gremlins on Baby, as her wiring has developed even more problems than I can shake a stick at, and for the most part; aside from my back; in good health.

:eek: Wow...that is quite the spasm. I have issues with spasms in my mid-back area (T10 - L3 area) and two herniated discs in my neck right now at C5-6 & C6-7, but I have not had anything that bad yet. Have you had MRI's done to determine the cause?

Good luck with everything, and if you need it, I have a motherboard with a 400MHz P-II based Celeron and some memory on it you can have. It's just collecting dust in my basement right now. Won't play youtube video, but should be okay to read the forums.

:eek: Wow...that is quite the spasm. I have issues with spasms in my mid-back area (T10 - L3 area) and two herniated discs in my neck right now at C5-6 & C6-7, but I have not had anything that bad yet. Have you had MRI's done to determine the cause?

Beater,

Sorry to hear of the back issues!! They are MAJOR PITA!!! Take it easy and hopefully you will come out better than new. I don't know your age, but many on here are young. You DEFINEATELY heal faster. Your body not working as it did only a short time ago SUX!!

Blhtaz,

Man I know how you feel!!! I too have two compressed discs in my neck, (1988)another in my lower back. (1994) Mid thorastic I had a crack in Vertebrae L4 and pulled the ribs from the spine @ L4 & L5 left side. (2004) Up until that accident, I still thought I could do anything.

Makes lying on my back under the Jeep a near impossibility... I still do it. :roll: (and suffer!!) I went fishing in the ocean yesterday. It was rough with 4' swells, I got pounded and went to my knees twice with the pain. but I was still there and had a great time.

I KNOW if I had done this @ 20 or so I would be WAY better off than having done it at 40 something!!!

I ain't complaining mind you, but I do find my self rolling my eyes at work when some "kid" complains about being sore. ;) I have learned to live with pain, it lets you know your alive.

Hope you get better quick!!

CW

I'm still recovering from back issues too. Been able to stand up straight for a little over a week now, but the previous three weeks were MURDER! Still had to work on my daughter's 90 XJ to get it ready for her to take to college. And the POS crapped out on the drive last Saturday to school... Dragged it on a tow dolly behind my ZJ...

Hope your back feels better soon...