FIGHT...!!!

BLHTAZ

We have had the Brown & White one (Peanut) for a little over a year now now, but we are fostering the Black & White one (Cookie) and hoping that they would get along and we could have two ... BUT ... I think this video says that it ain't gonna happen :laughin: :eek:

:D I have eaten many rabbits in my day...and they are very good ;) .

These little guys/gals are something else though. They are very affectionate and desire to be petted and scratched. They greet you almost like a dog when you come home too.

Peanut has been with us for almost 18 months and has bonded to us. Domestic Rabbits typically bond for life (to another rabbit or their humans) so now that he is attached to us, he just will not accept another bunny. This is our 5th attempt at getting him a friend that he will accept and it just is not going to work so Cookie will be adopted out to a good home elsewhere soon. She was dumped in our back yard a couple months ago and we have worked hard and spent a fair amount of money to save her life as she had been treated very badly and nearly died. As you can see, she is healthy and strong now after a fairly major surgery and a few weeks recovery :cheers: .

I had no idea that rabbits fought. One question tho brent, How do you deal with the rabbit turds all around from having him out of the cage?

I had a chinchilla and would s#*t everywhere when i let it run around. :eek:

Bunny on Bunny violence, what a shame.

Did I hear Peanut make a Predator type noise before the attack :eek: ? I am with Mitch, that just freaked me out. Cute fellow though. You shouldn't have a problem finding a home for him/her.

Cookie, the Black & White female is up for adoption. Peanut is our little guy.

Peanut has free run of the house and has a cat door to get out on a screen porch. He has a litter box out on the porch that he is very good about using and almost never leaves any little balls in the house. It is quite amazing that they can be so well trained.

I have built a page on our site for them. Check out www.HugABunny.net

The videos of Peanut on there are very poor quality and very large files, so don't try them unless you are on a good high speed connection. They were done back before I got my good camera and learned how to change video file size.

The fight video I put on here is not the best as we did not expect this to happen and I actually forgot that I had it running while trying to stop the fight, but managed to get some of it. ;)

They definitely are rapid breeders, but we work with a rescue organization and we all strongly encourage every responsible Bunny owner to have them fixed. Both Peanut and Cookie have been Spayed/Neutered as well as all of the Bunnies that are in the rescue organizations.

I have never been a big "pet" person in general, but these little creatures are quite interesting and are very little trouble to maintain. They are quite easy to train after they have been fixed and their hormones don't control them any more ;) .

Both Peanut and Cookie have been Spayed/Neutered as well as all of the Bunnies that are in the rescue organizations.

No wonder they fight. Aint got nothing else to do. :D

j/k

:cheers:

I would have thought that rabbits just always got along. Weird. I will be scared forever!

I've been scared of them ever since I saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail!! Killer Rabbit!! Some call me... Tim. I think the Holly Hand Grenade of Antioch is in order.

I want that killer rabbit. I have too many hawks in my yard. A few rabbits like that and I would not have any more bird issue.

I also had a rabbit when I was younger living with my parents. Whenever we left him out our terrier would follow him around and clean up it was discusting. That dog thought it was the greatest thing. Would have to yell at the dog not to follow the rabbit. As you can see my parents didn't train the rabbit that well. Plus that rabbit was crazy. I would be laying on the coach watching TV it would jump up on the coach bite my arm and run away. Needless to say we didn't get along too well.