Comanche Parts

I just got my first Comanche and am having a hard time finding a tail light. Are there any good sources for small parts like this for future reference? I have a CJ and a TJ at home, so I've checked all the usual jeep part places!

I just got my first Comanche and am having a hard time finding a tail light. Are there any good sources for small parts like this for future reference? I have a CJ and a TJ at home, so I've checked all the usual jeep part places!

Boilermaker had some for sale awhile back, try sending him a PM.

You'll also find them on ebay every once in awhile.

Nice looking truck and welcome to the club.

Where in North TX are you?

chrysler parts direct has them.. ;)

750, you got proof of that? that would be cool because everything i've read and heard says there is no place to get them anymore. if true, they'll be out of stock soon enough when the club gets your response :brows:

I just checked the Chrysler website for availability of all 3 part numbers...Black, Chrome & Red and there are none left anywhere. I also checked all the part numbers on the Chrysler Parts Direct site and the only thing that came up there was one right-side Chrome light...all others showed nothing. ;)

Thats a cool 1st comanche! was it just like that,tires,lift ect.. looking good! jamminz.gif

Yea, that picture was taken at the ORV park in Hot Springs as I was putting it on the trailer. I drove 7 hours to pick it up!!

I just checked the Chrysler website for availability of all 3 part numbers...Black, Chrome & Red and there are none left anywhere. I also checked all the part numbers on the Chrysler Parts Direct site and the only thing that came up there was one right-side Chrome light...all others showed nothing. ;)

I'm getting a red left and a chrome right.

:eek: Wrong you say? Impossible, Mr know it all here; or didn't you know that? Ok, so I'm asking Pete how I could possibly be in error???

Gads, there is one at work that I park right next to and they look exactly

the same. If you and Pete are right, then, that's the second mistake this year! A new worst record!

Honestly, I'd really like to know :bowdown: What gives???

:eek: Wrong you say? Impossible, Mr know it all here; or didn't you know that? Ok, so I'm asking Pete how I could possibly be in error???

Gads, there is one at work that I park right next to and they look exactly

the same. If you and Pete are right, then, that's the second mistake this year! A new worst record!

Honestly, I'd really like to know :bowdown: What gives???

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... ota+lights

7th post from the top...

SW2

The guy who goes by the screen name "Carnuck" insists that the 87 (and only the 87) used the same assemblies as MJs. 88 and up are for sure different. I have not yet been able to verify that the 87s share taillight assemblies (waiting for one to pop up in the local junkyards).

The guy who goes by the screen name "Carnuck" insists that the 87 (and only the 87) used the same assemblies as MJs. 88 and up are for sure different. I have not yet been able to verify that the 87s share taillight assemblies (waiting for one to pop up in the local junkyards).

Well, I ran into an 87 dakota at the JY this weekend and it looks like what you had in the other thread.

I did measure it and the actual lens (red part) is the same size as the MJ. Don't know if it could be separated from the trim piece, but it doesn't look like it.

:cheers: