What are your 4th of July plans?

WahooSteeler

Well, we know what Jeepdoggydog has planned fo' shizzle, what are the rest of you doing? Spending a little time around the grizzle? (couldn't resist)

Me? Well we'll be down (over) in Tappahannock, VA on the Rappahannock River sunnin' and funnin' with a college buddy of mine. His family has a little cottage at then end of a road there on a private inlet and every 4th the 10-12 houses on that road have their own parade. Funny as crap. Other than the one old fire engine one guy has, it's mostly lawn tractors and golf carts all decorated in red, white and blue, kids on bikes, and drunk 40-50 yr olds. It's got a nice private little beach on the river, a 21' and 28' boat to ski behind or cruise on, couple of SeaDoos, and lots'o beer. Usually we all have some contraband fireworks on hand too. No doubt it will be a good time.

So to all CC'rs, have a safe and happy one...... :cheers: :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag: :cheers:

The wife and I and our two girls are hopping in her Libby and heading to PA. We're having a mini family reunion in Ebensburg. Should be pretty fun. This'll be a far as we've traveled with the girls (oldest is 3, baby is 20 mos.) so it could get interesting. Hitting the road about midnight tonight so keep us in your prayers! My mom and dad will be along as well as my little brother and his new wife. Three cars, 8 hours, 500 miles, and $4.00 gas. God Bless America! :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag:

I've been to Ebensburg. A little blip on the screen on the way to State College. Last time I was there was early '06 trying to beat the ice storm out of there on my way back to Pittsburgh, and all that road construction was going on with re-routed turns and such. Be safe!

Me? Well we'll be down (over) in Tappahannock, VA on the Rappahannock River sunnin' and funnin' with a college buddy of mine. His family has a little cottage at then end of a road there on a private inlet and every 4th the 10-12 houses on that road have their own parade. Funny as crap. Other than the one old fire engine one guy has, it's mostly lawn tractors and golf carts all decorated in red, white and blue, kids on bikes, and drunk 40-50 yr olds. It's got a nice private little beach on the river, a 21' and 28' boat to ski behind or cruise on, couple of SeaDoos, and lots'o beer. Usually we all have some contraband fireworks on hand too. No doubt it will be a good time.

Don't know if you've been there Wahoo, but try Lowery's Restaurant in Tappahannock. Great oysters and crabs. :cheers:

Low key this weekend... I'm "working" today and tomorrow...

Tomorrow is my 10th Wedding Anniversary and the Wife has to work in the evening, so I'm going to take her to a nice lunch and give her a ring that I got her... We are going away to a nice resort type place up the coast the following weekend without the kiddies :D :D

For the Forth, we'll probably do some Dogs/Burgers and walk into town for the 4th of July Parade. Fireworks all canceled due to Fires and Dryness. I suspect some Beers will be killed.

Guy from the Jeep Club might be coming to rescue the black 87 MJ from me to make room in the Garage for the Budget Boost/Shackle Swap and eventual Stroker Swap (that's still in MI and will be till you dudes buy some of the stuff from Dave)

I'm pretty sure the Wife works over the weekend too... so that pretty much kills anything "fun" except playing with the munchkins, unless I get the inlaws to come over and watch em for me.

Well, we know what Jeepdoggydog has planned fo' shizzle, what are the rest of you doing? Spending a little time around the grizzle? (couldn't resist)

So to all CC'rs, have a safe and happy one...... :cheers: :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag: :cheers:

I have to work. :mad: It's not my favorite day to be wearing a bullet-proof vest for 12 hours, especially since the State has no budget and there will be no overtime or Holiday pay for it. I start out in the morning as a participant and street security for this hokey little small town parade. It isn't much but all these tractors, dirtbikes, and bicycles are decked out and creeping along a public street so a couple of us have to be present. The party at the end of the parade always has a couple of drunk 40-50 year olds that think anything goes on a holiday. They tend to be funny as crap. Then I'll probably go to the lake and pick on those guys that ignore the "10 HP maximum" signs and put their 21 and 28' ski boats on. And I'll have to argue with a few that try to tell me their Ski-Do's don't have 10 HP. If nothing else is going on I'll try to get out of there as most of the groups will have lots'a beer and I hate breaking up fights by myself. As the afternoon turns to evening I'll find a place to hide near a major recreational area and wait until they break out the contraband fireworks. No doubt it will be a good time.

Hornbrod, you are well traveled my man. Been to Lowery's a few times for sure. Like you said, good stuff, nice "home cooking". I think I've had the crab cakes every time I've been there. I don't know how long it's been since you've been there, but the little town has grown a lot. Still very small, but all the retail trappings of the modern day, i.e. Wal-Mart etc.

One time with this same buddy, pre-kids, he took us way up the Neck into Calico, about 35 mins NE of Tappy, to a little dive called The Driftwood. Most unassuming place you'd ever see but they had a menu that was 3-4 star. I had a 12oz filet that was pha-nominal! but what made it so special was the 4 or 5 giant fried oysters on top. Mmmmmm, makin' me hungry right now! Some nice veggies and a potato on the side, and I think it was about $19.95. Needless to say, Ned (my buddy) and I got hammered.

Hornbrod, you are well traveled my man. Been to Lowery's a few times for sure. Like you said, good stuff, nice "home cooking". I think I've had the crab cakes every time I've been there. I don't know how long it's been since you've been there, but the little town has grown a lot. Still very small, but all the retail trappings of the modern day, i.e. Wal-Mart etc.

One time with this same buddy, pre-kids, he took us way up the Neck into Calico, about 35 mins NE of Tappy, to a little dive called The Driftwood. Most unassuming place you'd ever see but they had a menu that was 3-4 star. I had a 12oz filet that was pha-nominal! but what made it so special was the 4 or 5 giant fried oysters on top. Mmmmmm, makin' me hungry right now! Some nice veggies and a potato on the side, and I think it was about $19.95. Needless to say, Ned (my buddy) and I got hammered.

Dayem, you're making me hungry. My parents used to live on Gwynn's Island in Mathews county, and I still have a sister in Gloucester, so I've been to just about every seafood place within 100 miles or so of there. Two of my favorites (besides Lowery's) are the Seabreeze on Gwynn's Island, and Taylor's Restaurant in Deltaville. Both are great places to suck cold beer and fresh oysters. Taylors has an all-ya-can eat seafood buffet that is fantastic. I get up there about every three years or so and pig out.

Staying at home and doing some work. Cut the grass, new valve cover gasket on the MJ, new e-brake cable on the MJ, new ABS sensor in the rear diff of the Ram, checking out a rear suspension problem on the Ram and what ever there may be on the "honey-do" list ;) .

OH...BTW... Some Bud Light Lime will be involved throughout...

Dayem, you're making me hungry. My parents used to live on Gwynn's Island in Mathews county, and I still have a sister in Gloucester, so I've been to just about every seafood place within 100 miles or so of there. Two of my favorites (besides Lowery's) are the Seabreeze on Gwynn's Island, and Taylor's Restaurant in Deltaville. Both are great places to suck cold beer and fresh oysters. Taylors has an all-ya-can eat seafood buffet that is fantastic. I get up there about every three years or so and pig out.

Hornbrod, you ever been to Pope's Creek of 301 in southern Md? Chesapeake Bay blue crabs by the bushel, roll out the newspaper, order some Backrubs (high octane fruity cocktails), and start hammering and picking. Good eats......

Never made that one Wahoo. Sounds great. There are so many great places in Tidewater and close by you'll never hit them all. Another super spot is Nick's in Yorktown, VA. It's been there for so many many years. Right on the York River, great place to see where the 4th really started with the battlefield tour next door. It's a busy place 'bout this time of the year matey. :USAflag: :D :USAflag:

You gonna be in Tappahannock this weekend Tracker?? I didn't do it. :chillin:

No, I was referring to Green Valley and Lake Elizabeth in California - My stomping grounds. Seems like good times take on the same look no matter what side of the continent you're on. 8)

I'm not fond of working that day but Ca. has over 1000 fires burning as I write this and I live in the National Forest not too far from a fire danger sign that's pegged at "Extreme". I will be a fool if anyone wants to get stupid.

Hornbrod, you are correct that the Tidewater area is loaded with hidden culinary treasures. There is a very popular cookbook called "Tidewater on the Half Shell" that hits on a lot of the common Chesapeake Bay area seafood recipes that are sooooo good.

Tracker, they won't think you're a fool if you end up keeping some mo-ron from getting hurt or killed!

If you ever get down to the Hampton area, check out Harpoon Larry's. It's a pretty "unique" place :brows:

Couldn't tell ya where it is, 'cause I was drunk when I was thrown into a car and taken there one night, but it's behind the convention center, somewhere....

Jeff