Comanche lifts

the other question is, how attached are you to your sheet metal? with the proper sawzall application, you wouldn't really need to change much out back, but i would recommend about 3 to 4 inches in the front depending on what kind of chopping you do and what kind of backspacing you have on your rims.

I agree with previous post.

I like my sheetmetal, so I am inclined to lift higher. others don't, so they can pull off my choice of tire with less lift.

my 89 right now is getting a 6.5" front lift and a spring-over rear lift. the only things that I have bought (new) are the front lift coils and the adjustable trackbar...$280 for the pair. add $31 for $500MJ's used 2" lift LCA's and stock UCA's, and $35 for a trackbar drop that I don't need any longer.

so I'm building my own swaybar links, and I'm re-building the 2" lift LCA's from a 16" center to center to a 17.18" center to center, and bending them for more axle-side mount clearance during articulation. the front brake lines just have to be dropped down a few inches, and the rear brake line will have to be extended. then $15 for new axle perches (longer ones and beefy to eliminate axle-wrap) and some for paint too...

so that gives me my lift kit for all of $400 at most, at a 6.5" lift. then the tires were $200, and the rims were $10. $610 in a lift.

I'm just saying explore your options, and if you have any proficient fab. skills, you may be able to fab SOME of your own parts. I don't suggest building your own lower control arms unless you are a REALLY really good welder, and you have extremely good heavy-duty non-tempered steel to work with.

Asking this board their opinion on lift kits is like asking a lady of the night house for a wife. Many differnt ideas on the right one, and the best way is to look around and find the one that works best for your needs and wants.

Asking this board their opinion on lift kits is like asking a lady of the night house for a wife. Many differnt ideas on the right one, and the best way is to look around and find the one that works best for your needs and wants.

hahahahaha! quote material!

hell, you can run 31's on the stock suspension if you bumpstop it, and adjust the stops for the steering wheel.

the fender wells in the rear are big enough, some light trimming up front and a flare relocation and stock would work just fine.

Made use of this quote on my local forum already! :D

Can you put F150 springs in the front. If so what year and how much lift will it give you?

F-150 springs are too stiff for our lightweight trucks.

mercury cougar or thundrebird springs apparently have about the right spring rate and give ~3 inches IIRC, somebody actually did it a while back so they could tell you the exact years to look at cause I'm not that sure

mercury cougar or thundrebird springs apparently have about the right spring rate and give ~3 inches IIRC, somebody actually did it a while back so they could tell you the exact years to look at cause I'm not that sure

Yes, the 83-88 V6 coils will give you about 2" of lift. The same year range V8 coils will give about 3-4" of lift and both have almost the same compression rate as the MJ's do. I think the person that did it on here used later model coils though, so I'm not completely sure on that end, but I do know about the 83-86 ones though.