Got Flatbed?

I 'Finished' my quasi-flatbed. It needs another coat of stain and the black needs to be touched up and some recessed hooks and yadda yadda, but otherwise it's pretty much done.

Anyways, somebody wanted to know what a 'manche looked like with a flatbed.

Frame is 2x3 and 2x2 .188 wall box tube. Excessive, I dare say.

Image Not Found

Wheelwells were covered with sheetmetal, and painted black. 2x6 tounge and groove was used for decking. I threw some grey stain on it. Looks alright, I think.

Image Not Found

I'm wondering if I can polish that exhaust pipe instead of painting it? It's stainless... I think.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Anyways, that's all for now.

It's 2x6 tounge and groove, apparently. Measures 1.5~ x 5~ IIRC.

Yeah, it was lying in the garage. Saves me buying it. I think I was supposed to use it to build a shed over out irrigation pump. Ah well. I was never going to get around to that anyways.

It's 2x6 tounge and groove, apparently. Measures 1.5~ x 5~ IIRC.

Yeah, it was lying in the garage. Saves me buying it. I think I was supposed to use it to build a shed over out irrigation pump. Ah well. I was never going to get around to that anyways.

Nice, use something that was meant for one good project and use it for an even better project.

Image Not Found

I'm wondering if I can polish that exhaust pipe instead of painting it? It's stainless... I think.

If it is stainless, it should turn a cool looking brassy color once it gets hot. I did my friend's Nissan's exhaust with stainless.

Stacks are cool.

Yea I was the one looking for flatbed pics. I want to build something similar to yours with hanging storage boxes to match the the lower body lines of the cab doors.

Keep us posted on your spare tire location.

Good job, JeeppinTom.

Looks nice. Where'd the spare go? .
you wouldnt happen to have to wire hanging mechanism for your spare left from this project would you? cause i got real stuck and couldnt get my spare out had to hacksaw it. pm me if you do.

• 12 years later...