dakota light mod

here's some pics of a mod for a dakota light for my mj....its a trial run so no crap from anyone :fs1:

nib 88 dakota tail light....

dremel the crap out of it

got some nuts and dremeled an old beat up mj light

oh noooooooooo

cut it to fit as best as i could, gorilla glue, then caulked it up and waa laa

have you test fitted the housing on the truck?

Agreed.

And really? I mean, you had to test on a NIB Dak light? That would be like the Dak guys trying to make tails and cutting up a NIB MJ light. Should have started with a used one.

Rob L. :dunno:

have you test fitted the housing on the truck?

Agreed.

And really? I mean, you had to test on a NIB Dak light? That would be like the Dak guys trying to make tails and cutting up a NIB MJ light. Should have started with a used one.

Rob L. :dunno:

it worked though so it dosent matter .....i was sitting there with both of them in my hand, bored and was like f it......started cutting.....dove right in and i knew i was dedicated after the first incision....i still think for a FIRST STAGE they look ok.

As Mr. Horse says from the Ren and Stimpy cartoons, "No sir, I don't like it."

It just doesnt seem to fit right or look right. With the gap at the tailgate side it makes it look like its sitting crooked/slanted. I think I would stick a trailer light in mine before going that route, but thats just my opinion. Its good to know that someone has tried it though to see if it would work.

how will you be attaching them?

If your looking at the light from the rear, the piece that the two screws on the left screw into needs to b bent out a little then new holes drilled. The screws on the right screw right onto that angle...the new angle won't have holes prefabbed in it

:ack:

No Thanks Boss,

Are you so hard up for a good pair of MJ lights that you have to do this, what is your reasoning?

Also, please don't hack up another MJ light so you can do this to the other side... there are plenty other tail-lights out there to hack up.

Wow,

you'd think he posted about kicking out a stained glass window on a Catholic Message Board. ;)

Sooner, or later either:

1)someone will start making MJ taillights,

or 2)someone will have to find a way to adapt what is available to use on MJ's.

Personally, I'd hope if we had to go with #2, that 'some' slightly smaller, but close in size taillight could be used with a simple bolt on adapter bracket, or framework.

Will you be doing the Datsun tailgate conversion or the the S-10 cab swap next?

i wish......how about just don't post anything if u got nothing constructive to say. :eek:

and i guess noone understands what prototype means.......i have scads of lights to tear up, i just wanted to see....is that so bad, i tore up an old cracked mj light.....

No Thanks Boss,

Are you so hard up for a good pair of MJ lights that you have to do this, what is your reasoning?

Also, please don't hack up another MJ light so you can do this to the other side... there are plenty other tail-lights out there to hack up.

i am just using the remainding piece on the light i already cut.....easy :no:

No Thanks Boss,

OK. Just please tell me why.

No Thanks Boss,

OK. Just please tell me why.

why am i using an already cut up mj taillight? cuz i don't wanna cut another one and theres no need to. i just need 1 socket hole for the dakota light.

here it is