Need some input on CCV

On my 88' my CCV just loosely sits on/in the VC. Oil is everywhere. I already asked my Jeep dealership if they can order me a new one, and they said they don't even make it anymore.

I did  research and found out that I could get a

91-94 VC,

Felpro VS50458R,

and just swap it on and I should be good.

Am I missing anything else?

Can I fit any other year HO VC on my 88 Renix?

My junkyard has about a dozen HO except none of them are 91-94s.

You can swap in the later model stamped steel valve cover on your Renix (I know that works fine) then use the grommets and plumbing from the later model CCV system.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/12217-ho-valve-cover-on-a-renix-40-update/?hl=valve+cover

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/4-0l-ccv-elbow-removal-guide-tips-write-up-733669/

There are front and rear CCV fittings.  The rear is considered a grommet and the front is an entire assembly.  I had no problems getting both online for my 88 valve cover etc.  Try Rock Auto, Advance Auto, Auto Zone to name a couple.  Dealers are a poor source for parts.  I'll let the cat out of the bag and say there are a couple of online fishing services that query all dealer parts departments throughout the country (USA) to help them clear their obsolete parts inventory.  And believe you me, an 88 Comanche is about as obsolete as you can get.

While I was at AdvancedAutoParts yesterday, I was curious and asked if they had the vacuum harness. I was surprised they did and I'm going to pick it up this morning for $23. I'm just going to use the CCV and I guess toss the rest of the vacuum lines cause I deleted alot of them already.

Ever since I got my 1st MJ 10 years ago, being 15 yrs old at the time, I been getting my car parts from Lowes or Home depot, junk yards, engineering my own fixes, and they work!. Because I know these are old, the rare new parts gotta be expensive. I'm about to come down on orders and going to have to move anyway. I got OEM extras I need to sell

• 2 months later...

For anybody else stumbling upon this thread looking for this part, the front CCV tube actually comes as an assembly with some other lines attached.  As of today, it's $17.05 on RockAuto.  http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=586584&cc=1181674&jnid=580&jpid=1 

Thanks to this thread I figured out what I was looking for.  The rubber on my front one is completely deteriorated.

If anybody stumbles upon this thread, I just put the entire "engine side" vacuum harness on the classifieds.  I ordered one from Rock Auto and they sent 2, so now I have a brand new one.  I had the exact same probably as the OP, this part was the fix.