OEM Blazer Fog Lights

Stumbled across a set of Blazer lights and their mounting bracketry of an 88 'Manche in the P&P a few weeks back after I took my ASE certification test. One was mangled, but the other one was nearly pristene; took the good one and cut the wiring for the mangled one off the junked one. Unfortunately, someone took the wiring harness for them, so I'm still SOL on that.

Was wondering if there's replacement glass or such for these things, or if it's just a pipe dream.

I'm assuming these were carry-overs from the AMC years, or did AMC exclusively use Marchals?

Curious minds want to know. Might end up re-finishing the one I saved and put out a Wanted ad for a mate for it, instead of going to spend $100+ on a new set of KC's.  :hmm:

Blazer lights are not factory . The only 'factory ' lighting was the ROL fog lamps and the Marchal fog-lampsand then in the early 90s they switched to a fog lamp that resembled the ROL lights . I believe Eagle said the the K.C . Lights were also factory but I'm not sure of that as I've never seen them on one

Blazer lights are not factory . The only 'factory ' lighting was the ROL fog lamps and the Marchal fog-lampsand then in the early 90s they switched to a fog lamp that resembled the ROL lights . I believe Eagle said the the K.C . Lights were also factory but I'm not sure of that as I've never seen them on one

Blazer were definitely not factory. Blazer is what Wal-Mart sells (or used to sell). Not even close to being OEM quality.

These are not the Walmart "Blazer" lights. I'm fairly certain they are the ROL's, but I need a picture of a set of "ROL's" to verify. These have the OE pigtails to mate up with the harness. The glass is stamped with a small "Blazer" insignia, but as previously stated, I'm not sure what the ROL's were actually called. Will post up a picture later today for verication.

Finally got around to not being so busy. The proof for the non-believers. :brows:  Are these what you guys refer to as "ROLs"?

If not, could these have been some sort of dealer-only option way back then?

No, I don't think those are OEM either. Any monkey can wire up a couple of pigtails to lamps.

As for the lamps themselves? not worth 2 onces of energy.

This "monkey" wiring job looks identical to every other OE wired light I've ever seen, both inside and out. This isn't some simple hack job that someone did in their spare time.

Rol lights have rol stamped in the lens . So there not ROL lights . However those are the lights that resemble the ROL lights that iirc started in the early 90s . I have a Nos set of those lights with covers in the basement and can get you the mopar number if you like .

Thank you. If you've got these lights, would you mind terribly throwing up a picture / part number of what they look like with the covers? Just for reference; I'd appreciate it.

I have seen "Blazer Type" fog lights in sales literature.  If I had to bet my life, I say they are factory.  They are not Marchals or ROL but I think Jeep put just about any light they had sitting around on their vehicles.  After the ROL lights went away, there was a light referred to as "Blazer Type".

No, I don't think those are OEM either. Any monkey can wire up a couple of pigtails to lamps.

As for the lamps themselves? not worth 2 onces of energy.

This "monkey" wiring job looks identical to every other OE wired light I've ever seen, both inside and out. This isn't some simple hack job that someone did in their spare time.

Rol lights have rol stamped in the lens . So there not ROL lights . However those are the lights that resemble the ROL lights that iirc started in the early 90s . I have a Nos set of those lights with covers in the basement and can get you the mopar number if you like .

Thank you. If you've got these lights, would you mind terribly throwing up a picture / part number of what they look like with the covers? Just for reference; I'd appreciate it.

Shoot me your email and I can send you pics .

Blazer Factory Lights (Courtesy of Strokermjcomanche)

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Cool.....but I still wouldn't give two nickels worth of $#!& for 'em.

As for 'Mopar'? I have learned of the past year that Mopar products are nothing more than repackaged and rebranded parts at twice the cost.

As for 'Mopar'? I have learned of the past year that Mopar products are nothing more than repackaged and rebranded parts at twice the cost.

That's nice, but it has nothing to do with the OP's questions.

To some degree it does.

He's seeking something that he believes has value, as though OEM or dealer installed lamps will add value, it does not, will not.

The question was whether or not the Blazer lamps were ever offered as optional factory lamps. They were. Just like the Marshal, Hella, and the ROL lamps. AMC/Mopar/Chrysler never manufactured any of them, but they all carried a factory part number. Same thing applies to headlamps. 

Stumbled across a set of Blazer lights and their mounting bracketry of an 88 'Manche in the P&P a few weeks back after I took my ASE certification test. One was mangled, but the other one was nearly pristene; took the good one and cut the wiring for the mangled one off the junked one. Unfortunately, someone took the wiring harness for them, so I'm still SOL on that.

Was wondering if there's replacement glass or such for these things, or if it's just a pipe dream.

I'm assuming these were carry-overs from the AMC years, or did AMC exclusively use Marchals?

Curious minds want to know. Might end up re-finishing the one I saved and put out a Wanted ad for a mate for it, instead of going to spend $100+ on a new set of KC's.  :hmm:

The question was whether or not the Blazer lamps were ever offered as optional factory lamps. They were. Just like the Marshal, Hella, and the ROL lamps. AMC/Mopar/Chrysler never manufactured any of them, but they all carried a factory part number. Same thing applies to headlamps. 

To some degree it does.

He's seeking something that he believes has value, as though OEM or dealer installed lamps will add value, it does not, will not.

:shake:

Although I appreciate your "words of wisdom" and links I actually did not say anything of the sort in the OP. Seeing as how I picked this one light up for $5, I figured I would ask to verify if this was a stock light or not; and if a replacement light, and or glass piece could be had. I'm not looking to "add value" to my truck. I'm most certaintly not looking to impress anyone by throwing money around looking for the most expensive parts to slap onto the Jeep, unlike many others out there that enjoy that sort of thing. If it works for them, then fine, but it doesn't work for me. I only install equipment or parts that meet my own personal needs or criteria.

The fact I even made a comment about spending $100+ on KC's is because KC is a quality, trusted brand, and because I'm looking for a stock looking set of fog-lights. It was also because I had planned on buying some several months ago, but ended up changing my mind due to constraints, budgeting money for my college, and other such things.

Getting back to the topic on hand; thank you Don and StrokerMJ for the pictures and information. It's appreciated.

To some degree it does.

:shake:

Although I appreciate your "words of wisdom" and links I actually did not say anything of the sort in the OP. Seeing as how I picked this one light up for $5, I figured I would ask to verify if this was a stock light or not; and if a replacement light, and or glass piece could be had. I'm not looking to "add value" to my truck. I'm most certaintly not looking to impress anyone by throwing money around looking for the most expensive parts to slap onto the Jeep, unlike many others out there that enjoy that sort of thing. If it works for them, then fine, but it doesn't work for me. I only install equipment or parts that meet my own personal needs or criteria.

The fact I even made a comment about spending $100+ on KC's is because KC is a quality, trusted brand, and because I'm looking for a stock looking set of fog-lights. It was also because I had planned on buying some several months ago, but ended up changing my mind due to constraints, budgeting money for my college, and other such things.

Getting back to the topic on hand; thank you Don and StrokerMJ for the pictures and information. It's appreciated.

Words used to have substance.

What does 'pipe dream' mean to you? What does 'want ad' mean? What does 'refinish' mean? (to restore to it's original value?)

These 'like kind' fog lights can still be bought today for under $20, which is what they were worth 20 years ago, Mopar branding or not.

Explanation-

When you go to Mopar Performance to buy a double roller timing set for $135 only to realize that it is a Cloyes set that you could have bought for $60....or a Mopar oil pan from the dealer for $146 and then realize that you could have ordered it for $80....same pan from the same manufacturer in Canada.....

You soon realize that "Mopar" means screw you, the value of nothing.

Words used to have substance.

What does 'pipe dream' mean to you? What does 'want ad' mean? What does 'refinish' mean? (to restore to it's original value?)

These 'like kind' fog lights can still be bought today for under $20, which is what they were worth 20 years ago, Mopar branding or not.

Explanation-

When you go to Mopar Performance to buy a double roller timing set for $135 only to realize that it is a Cloyes set that you could have bought for $60....or a Mopar oil pan from the dealer for $146 and then realize that you could have ordered it for $80....same pan from the same manufacturer in Canada.....

You soon realize that "Mopar" means screw you, the value of nothing.

Some of us aren't foolish enough to buy "MOtor PARts" branded items in the first place. I haven't, and what few times I have they ended up getting returned because I got a better deal elsewhere. Other times, it can't be helped, so I don't see why it's such a big deal here. Seems like you've gotten burnt enough to offer a justified opinion of your experiences though, so you've somewhat of a point, I suppose.

Then again, this has nothing to do with the OP; save for comparison purposes? I think everyone else can agree the "discussion" here has run it's course, and it's time for it to end.