H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, pics i already posted show most everything. Cut along pinch seems to keep as much structure as possible. Filling in inner fenders is not done yet. Ill try to give exact angles if i remember angle finder.

Continueing to finish gussting of brackets and then on to coilovers and bumps. Here is progress pics from today....

Do you have some trained super fabricator monkey laid off from building Ultra4 cars working full time on this thing? I wish I could accomplish things at 1/4 of this pace. :thumbsup:

Willy

Haha, Wes is awesome. He is great and has had the time lately to plug along on this for me. He obviously has mad skills and all the cool fab tools, i knew this progression for my truck needed done right and was beyond my skills. I'm starting to realize how glad i am to currently be on a 6 day a week work schedule, both to afford him and to stay out of his way!

IMHO

The further out you get them the more stable it is and the more vertical they are the more effective they are. When they get put on some angles with the tops leaning in towards eachother, you get more of an oscillation rolling effect. My experience anyways. You really can't outboard them from the frame rail cuz the frame is too wide on the MJ.

And more bed space.

Curious as to the reasoning to cutting the frame rails? I know to fit the coilovers but curious as to why they couldn't of been at more of an angle and/or located inward a few inches.

Exxon hit it on the nose. I know it only seems minimum, but it gave mr 2 inches on each side. So 4 inches overall will be worth the work and make a noticable difference in stability, bed space, and overall drivability both on and offroad.