My Saturday Afternoon...

SuperWade2

Was in the 105-110F range here today which is about 20 Degrees above normal for us this time of year... down @ the Beach in Santa Cruz, it was over 100, which is PRETTY RARE! Still about 100F here at 5pm.

Had the county's 3rd big fire this month...Down about 10-12 miles south of my house about 600 acres burned in just a few hours and took out a number of homes, and there were rumors that people saw some dude tossing flares into the dry trees and brush on the side of the Freeway :nuts: )

...and life does not get much better than this (other than the drink was empty, but that situation was rectified between the time the pic was taken a few minutes ago and me writing this (while sitting in the same spot).

img00008jt0.jpg

nice.... sitting back ... hows your astro turf doing in that heat??

Hotter than Hades honestly.... Sprayed it down with the hose for a minute and it cools down nicely, at least for as long as we can stand to be outside with that kind of heat...

Sw2

What... :eek: you still have to water your lawn????? lol.... I'm going to have to try one of those bud limes... looks pretty refreshing.....

Only if I want to walk on it without blistering my feet (only on HOT days)... and then, not much more than a light mist...

Otherwise, nothing...

Just got back from the LA area. I thought the weather was great and didn't realize that there was a heat wave happening until I was watching the news at the airport. I guess that dry heat compared to our east coast 90% humidity makes all the difference.

:cheers:

My Saturday consisted of a 5 hour drive to hike 0.35 miles as the crow flies (each way). That took over an hour, but the elevation change was 1000 feet, and included about 1100 stair like steps. Talk about a 1 hour stair master workout...

On the way back I wasn't sure I'd make it all the way down before one of my knees would collapse on a larger than normal step. Some were 16+ inches high. At least the car ride back provided a nice rest.

Took quite a few photos, I hope they turned out.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7a565e2a-3f76-418e-9852-d679bed107f9

Today I think I'll take SuperWade2's example and vegetate with a few drinks.

BLL is the stuff for a hot day. Very refreshing. I have come to like it a lot and drink very little of anything else any more. It was a very humid 90+ here yesterday, but with thunderstorms most of the afternoon. Going to do the same today it looks like.

I got the yard work done this morning, so I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy...

you guys talked me into buying a 6-pack of the lime lights. so as soon as they get a good chill,, I'm going to see what all the hype is about...

What's the verdict?

taste like a corona but 1/2 the price and without cutting up limes!! :D

Pretty good !

So are the lime lights the official beer of The Comanche Club???

Oh by the way.... there pretty dang good while eating cheese too!!

you guys talked me into buying a 6-pack of the lime lights. so as soon as they get a good chill,, I'm going to see what all the hype is about...

What's the verdict?

taste like a corona but 1/2 the price and without cutting up limes!! :D

Pretty good !

So are the lime lights the official beer of The Comanche Club???

Oh by the way.... there pretty dang good while eating cheese too!!

Somebody call up Anheuser-Busch and see if we can get the "official sponsership". As much business and I think Brent (BLHTAZ) has sent thier way, maybe he is already on the payroll.

Hey they send me a free 12'er every couple of weeks, I'll pimp their stuff up and down (like we already do).

By the way, I can't see drinking the BL Lime during the dead of winter (with is about 55 Degrees and cloudy here, maybe a spot of rain :D) ... it's an OUTDOORS and Warm Weather drink only in my estimation...

Sw2 :D

I found it VERY good with Pepper Jack cheese, Hot Sausage, Chicken, Tex-Mex, Hot Dogs, Hot Wings, Hamburgers, Chili, Spaghetti...ahhh Hell...it's just good... :cheers: :D

I have had to back off of the amount I am drinking though as I have just been diagnosed with the "early onset of type II diabetes". I have stopped drinking completely during the week and keep it to just 3-4 spread out through the day on weekends.

hey now thats thinking there!! I havent really drank anything in a while,, kinda feeling goofy about right now....

These bud lights with lime are are now a favorite summer beers of mine..

Reminds me of this Mexican restaurant we use to goto back in the carefree days.. Now I want to go to the bar and get hammered... jamminz.gif