ADD-A-LEAFS

No, they are not universal. That doesn't mean that an AAL for a specific application won't work in another vehicle, it just might be less than optimal.

How wide are the Rodeo springs? You might be able to use scrap XJ or MJ (or Dakota or S-10) leaves. Are the Rodeo prings SOA or SUA?

JT, why not follow the the common practice of adding another Rodeo main leaf under your current one? It would have the proper arch and spring rate, and you could probably find one in a JY w/out too much trouble.

Image Not Found

JT, why not follow the the common practice of adding another Rodeo main leaf under your current one? It would have the proper arch and spring rate, and you could probably find one in a JY w/out too much trouble.

If I ever run across a decent rodeo in the yard I'm just going to yank the whole shabang man... Problem is the few yards that have these things want way more then Ill ever give for it..

If I ever run across a decent rodeo in the yard I'm just going to yank the whole shabang man... Problem is the few yards that have these things want way more then Ill ever give for it..

Hi, JT,

If you can tell me the width, length, thickness and free arch of what you want, I may be able to help you.

Hi, JT,

If you can tell me the width, length, thickness and free arch of what you want, I may be able to help you.

I can give you everything but the arch.. That I would have to have the springs off right?? I wouldnt mind it being a lil taller then stock, maybe like a inch or 1.5"

Hi, JT,

I can give you everything but the arch.. That I would have to have the springs off right?? I wouldnt mind it being a lil taller then stock, maybe like a inch or 1.5"

The arch is one of those important things - that and the thickness of the steel will largely determine the lift of the add-a-leaf.

Hi, JT,

I could of swore I heard someone whisper something about a ComancheClub Discount or something there Mr HC... maybe just dreaming... :D

You don't calculate it -- you measure it. Ideally, with the spring off the vehicle, but since that's not practical, jack the chassis up to unload the springs ... but not so far that you're picking up the wheels and axles. Stretch a string between the forward and rear bushings, and measure from the string to the top of the main leaf where it's bolted to the axle.