Did a front end swap.. (pics)

Guest vzehler

Guest vzehler

Got a little work done this weekend. Picked up a whole 98 Cherokee Sport for $400.00. It's sittin in the background of the pic. Anyways, I robbed the front end off of it and put it on the Comanche. Still got work to do on the flares and front bumper but it's almost complete.. Check it out :)

Guest vzehler
Looks good :cheers:

Now to get the rest painted to match ;)

You got it. Just gotta put the rest together, do a little dent repair here and there go get her painted... Still gotta settle on a color though.. Appreciate the kind words.

Looks good :cheers:

But just so you know...a Cheromanche is something completely different.

I stand corrected... Changed the title for ya.. Thanks for the compliment though :D

Georgeous. Love the chrome bumper too. :D :eek:

But you need MORE chrome, like the grille, mirrors, door handles, etc. etc. w. a dark color, like my gray. This color was only available on 91-92 MJs. Yes I know; I'm shameless. :cheers:

Guest vzehler
you goona swap the front doors out to keep the clean paint going, then turn the other doors into half doors? :brows: :brows:

ohhhhhh... I hadn't thought of that... Thats a fantastic idea. What would I do about hinges though?

you goona swap the front doors out to keep the clean paint going, then turn the other doors into half doors? :brows: :brows:

ohhhhhh... I hadn't thought of that... Thats a fantastic idea. What would I do about hinges though?

jamminz.gif

*edited out pics

I think he means pre 97 hinges VS post 97. it would be hard to make something to swap back and forth easily. although i have no idea how the newer ones bolt to the door itself, maybe its just unbolt newer, bolt on older. but that would be to easy.

Jonathan

Hinges are not the problem. The doors bolt to the hinges. The problem is that the 97+ doors have the striker mounted at a different height. You have to do some customizing to make the latches ... latch.

Hinges are not the problem. The doors bolt to the hinges. The problem is that the 97+ doors have the striker mounted at a different height. You have to do some customizing to make the latches ... latch.

?????????????????????????

Guest vzehler

actually, theres more to it than even that. Its a different style latch alltogether. The 97+ model uses a pin style while the old comanche's use a hook. Either way there is no easy way to make use of both doors. I either keep the old ones or upgrade to the newer style door with the power options... Decisions decisions.......