Installing Front Coil Spacers. Any Advice on how to?

1. unbolt the sway bar end links

2. unbolt the shocks

3.Jack vehicle up and support the vehicle by the frame

4. Place a floor jack under the axle

5.lift on side of the axle up and let the other side hang down... remove coil

6.place coil spacer on bumpstop mount

7. place coilback in...you might need to force the axle down to get the coil back in

for spacers, you shouldn't need compressors. Do like Pat says, and you can use a small bottle jack on the side that you are working on to press the axle down as far as it will go (and hold it there) while you slip the spring in and out. Put the jack inbetween the axletube and the "framerail" and jack away....it will push the axle down.

Jeff

Be careful of the brake lines.

Is a coil spring clamp or compressor nessessary?

No but you will need to unbolt the LCA's. As well as the steering link from the pitman arm.

NO you don't.......just do like Mjeff87 and pingpong said. You will be fine. Only extra thing you will need is to pull and hang the caliper so it does not hang on the hose. Also do the pass side first then the driver. It will be easier and you won't have to unhook the tracbar.

Be careful of the brake lines.

Is a coil spring clamp or compressor nessessary?

No but you will need to unbolt the LCA's. As well as the steering link from the pitman arm.

NO you don't.......just do like Mjeff87 and pingpong said. You will be fine. Only extra thing you will need is to pull and hang the caliper so it does not hang on the hose. Also do the pass side first then the driver. It will be easier and you won't have to unhook the tracbar.

When i did mine i unbolted the lca'a and tracbar as well and the steering and the springs fell out. I also did not have to do anything with the brakes. They stayed on the axle. I had no issues what so ever.

You can surely do it that way, but it's alot more work, especially trying to line up the LCA and trackbar bolts when you reassemble it all (especially by yourself). I like to work smarter, not harder :cheers:

Heck, Pat and I dropped a complete D30 out of the junkyard last weekend in about 20 minutes flat.........with the help of a sawzall :D

Jeff

You can surely do it that way, but it's alot more work, especially trying to line up the LCA and trackbar bolts when you reassemble it all (especially by yourself). I like to work smarter, not harder :cheers:

Heck, Pat and I dropped a complete D30 out of the junkyard last weekend in about 20 minutes flat.........with the help of a sawzall :D

Jeff

We could have done it faster if we had access to a torch :brows:

I try not to unbolt things if I can help it.

Removing the brake calipers could make it easier.. but in the past when I have done coils, and spacers I have never done that. Also Unhooking the track bar is not needed unless you are changing it.

My experience is it is always harder to bolt things back together, then it is to try and muscle it a lil.

Coil compressors can make this job easier.. but I wouldnt run out and buy any...to just put spacers in. Heck I have put 6.5" coils in with the above listed steps :D

1. unbolt the sway bar end links

2. unbolt the shocks

3.Jack vehicle up and support the vehicle by the frame

4. Place a floor jack under the axle

5.lift on side of the axle up and let the other side hang down... remove coil

6.place coil spacer on bumpstop mount

7. place coilback in...you might need to force the axle down to get the coil back in

that is exactly what i did, and had no problems at all.