Door Catch?

Is there something that is suppose to hold the door in an open position, or at least put some pressure to hold open just a bit? I see a little metal tab with some indents on both sides, which seem like they should catch on something on the inside of the door...My pass anger side seems to catch and hold the door open (say if I'm parked on an incline)... the Drivers side has the same metal tab, but in no way holds anything open... I've even tried to hold pull the tab forward (toward the back of the truck as you are standing behind the open door facing forward), and it has ZERO latch capability. Is this something replace/fixable?

Man I just looked at my old posts, and I sure ask some trivial questions huh?

Your drivers door check is bad, it needs to be replaced. Just pop the door panel off, tap the pin out at the body and unbolt the two bolts that holds the door check in. Get a good one and replace it.

The item # you posted for $21.95 apperaed to be for the rear catch for an XJ...fronts were also $45 on FleaBay as well...?

Crap, you're right - sorry. I purchased two NOS of these on Ebay a couple of years ago for less than $20/ea. including shipping. Price has doubled! Well, the fronts are interchangible; pick one up at the yard from the passenger's side, prolly be in good shape.

The curent Chrysler part# is 55235571AB.

Even at the deal I offer ya'll...it's still $42 :roll:

I didn't realize they were so expensive. I need to repalce the one on my passenger door too.

The curent Chrysler part# is 55235571AB.

Even at the deal I offer ya'll...it's still $42 :roll:

I didn't realize they were so expensive. I need to repalce the one on my passenger door too.

I'll try the PnP/JY next time I go (Dang was just there this past weekend rustling up a Speedo Cable)...

SW2

My drivers side makes a lot of noise when open it. The pass side is missing the check pin that connects the two halves. I think i prefer not having one over that noise. They are expensive at teamcherokee too.