my 88 comanche

1003547wi0.th.jpg

wish i had some build photos for you guys. or at least some before and after photos. i lost the before photos a while ago.

i bought it as a 2wd 4 cyl automatic. it was virtually rust free when i found it. i had a 93 cherokee i had built up when i was younger which made a nice donor vehicle after i rolled it 3 times goin 60mph over a jump years ago. i also had an abundant amount of broncos laying around.

it sits on bronco running gear. 9" rear, 44 front. i have 4:88 gearing with a detroit in the rear and limited slip front. i also have some superwinch lockout hubs. the high steering setup is 3/4 ton chevy. it sits up 9" with a lift i threw together. it runs on a 4.6L stroker I6 from my cherokee with a high output racing cam. i also threw in the 5 speed manual and the transfer case which has a SYE along with the custom driveshaft. the bumpers are custom. of course i got all the little engine mods such as the improved throttle body, spacer, oversized injectors, K&N, etc. also. i threw some racing buckets in the cab and upgraded the stereo systems also.

I'm prolly gonna replace the front bumper with a tube bumper with a winch and a few aux lights next. still trying to decide if i want to add a snorkle or not. i also need to add a cage onto it. I'm not sure if i should do an exo or interior yet. I'm also thinking about throwing some 38s on.

anyways what do you all think about it?

if i remember correctly i think the 9" came out of a 77 bronco. the front axle is a mystery though as i had many axles to pick from (they weren't attached to a bronco, they were in a pile haha) and i chose the one that was in the best shape

i used to be in oregon close to Eugene, the truck was in storage for a few months while i lived in Japan. i was origionally goin to sell it because i couldnt drive it while i lived in japan but i moved to washington. i now live in Washington in the Puget Sound (Whidbey Island) area for about a year now. the pictures are older from when the truck was in storage. thats why it was so clean haha.

i used to be in oregon close to Eugene, the truck was in storage for a few months while i lived in Japan. i was origionally goin to sell it because i couldnt drive it while i lived in japan but i moved to washington. i now live in Washington in the Puget Sound (Whidbey Island) area for about a year now. the pictures are older from when the truck was in storage. thats why it was so clean haha.

I bought mine in Puyallup while I lived in Milton, WA. Interesting!