This is a good pic.LOL

gixxerman600

Pat, I appreciate your passionate opinion about things, but the Hummer is a proven offroader, and not just the H1 but the H2 and H3 as well. Yes, 95% of the owners probably never even engage it in 4wd, yes it is a status symbol and waste of engineering, but you can't call it a POS just because you don't like it or what it's used for, or better yet, NOT used for.

Chilllllaaaaxxxx dude!! :chillin:

It IS proven, their off road ability is excellent. Sure they have problems, other BS problems as a mass produced vehicle. I'm just pointing out that as a vehicle that was designed to be one of the most off road capable production vehicles, they succeeded and therefore it is unjustified to label it a POS. Just because it hasn't been around for 50 yrs with a passionate group of owners (i.e. Jeep), doesn't mean it's wrong for them to market it as a hard core production vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not voting for Hummer as the greatest four wheeler ever, I'm just engaging in a little debate 8)

... and while I'm also not going to drive a Hummer... if you look at how much money Hummer donates to help support the Offroad community and help keep trails is quite amazing... especially when Jeep basically does nothing including doing basically zip to help support the likes of the Rubicon trail and surrounding areas, which they make millions using the name on one of their Trucks...

I can't find the link right now, but my local Club had a big discussion about this just a few weeks ago... i'll see if I can find the link.

Sw2

The new H3's and H1's even have a factory undercarrige armor kit that is pretty impressive. I do like the military Humvee though. And i do have a "If I wanted a hummer I would have asked your sister" sticker on my slider window. :D

The new H3's and H1's even have a factory undercarrige armor kit that is pretty impressive. I do like the military Humvee though. And i do have a "If I wanted a hummer I would have asked your sister" sticker on my slider window. :D

I'd still trade my MJ for an H1 in the blink of an eye.

I know a humvee inside and out,, and I have to tell you this much,, I've had more trouble out of jeeps then I have humvees,, And these trucks arent just driven hard, but driven hard with an extra 3000#' of armor on them.. yeah sure the transmission tunnels comes up to your ribs, but that lets you have more then a foot of ground clearance.. Our team saw these things get trashed for a year and out of around 20 of them I think we only replaced 3 or 4 engines, no trannys,, 3 injector pumps (harder then swapping an engine) and a few generators. All in all there bullet proof,, sadly not bomb proof,, but damn near close to it. The biggest problem out of the m1114s were the door latches, but hey if you had to hold 200#s of weight all day you'd be beat too.. as for the H2's-3's, yeah there not really hummers,,,just big status quo...

still just a name on that rig. it's built on a suburban frame. what a p.o.s.

Hey, I take offense to that! I have a 1994 K1500 Suburban, and it has given me less troubles in 165,000 miles than any other vehicle I've owned.

I love my Burb. Just don't like putting gas in it: 16mpg highway and a 42 gallon tank.

I know a humvee inside and out,, and I have to tell you this much,, I've had more trouble out of jeeps then I have humvees,, And these trucks arent just driven hard, but driven hard with an extra 3000#' of armor on them.. yeah sure the transmission tunnels comes up to your ribs, but that lets you have more then a foot of ground clearance.. Our team saw these things get trashed for a year and out of around 20 of them I think we only replaced 3 or 4 engines, no trannys,, 3 injector pumps (harder then swapping an engine) and a few generators. All in all there bullet proof,, sadly not bomb proof,, but damn near close to it. The biggest problem out of the m1114s were the door latches, but hey if you had to hold 200#s of weight all day you'd be beat too.. as for the H2's-3's, yeah there not really hummers,,,just big status quo...

hmmwv....

Every time I have seen an H2 or H3 on the trail it is broken. Granted I don't see very many of them on the trail but those I have did not make it through the day. These were on Greens, Blues and Blacks at Rausch Creek, Paragon and GWNF. Never see one on any Reds. If I could afford one I would own an H1 though!

hey, this is wade's fault for looking,

and the OP's fault for posting.

hey, i was just curious to see what other pics they had on the site.

woulda never looked at it it if it weren't for you telling me to.

i didn't believe you tho.

:rotfl2: :popcorn: