Did Jeep make a 6' bed Comanche in 1986

robfg67

I agree, everything I have ever herd was the '86 model was long bed only...BUT...This IS JEEP, and NOTHING can be set in stone!! When it conserns a jeep...never say never!!!

So, YES, based on that, it sure is possible that there was a 6' bed in 1986.

CW

Or the seller could be an idiot.

A couple of years ago I went with a friend to look at an MJ he wanted to buy (and did buy). It was advertised as a '92. Once we looked under the hood and saw a Renix setup and a C101 connector on the firewall, we checked the VIN. Sure enough, it was an '88. The owner still tried to maintain it was a '92, until he finally brought out the title and read the little box that says "Year"

Not unlike the used car dealer near where I used to work. A friend asked me to check out what sounded like a great deal on a '98 XJ 4.0L 5-speed. I went over after work. The XJ was there and looked pretty nice -- except that it had idiot lights instead of gauges, and it was supposed to be a Sport. The sales drone came out, unlocked it, we popped the hood -- and there sat a nice, clean little 4-cylinder engine.

The guy tried to tell me he didn't have any idea what happened, "... it was a 6-cylinder when we drove it in here." He kept looking on the driver's side of the block for the missing spark plugs. I guess he thought it was some new kind of V6 layout -- 4 cylinders on one side and 2 on the other. He never found the other two cylinders, though. Dunno what happened to it. They were asking $6500 for it as a 6-cylinder. I asked him if they'd take $6,000 for it knowing it wasn't what they had advertised it as, and he refused.

Oh, well ...

The moral is ... don't believe anything you can't verify with your own two eyes.

But yeah, sellers can be incredibly stupid. I do seem to recall a post on here with a seller who would have taken his little delusion that 88 was the last year for the MJ to the grave.

I dunno about you...but my 91s are not only 91 Model years, but were both actually manufactured in 91..

3.8 is probably a typo. It's probably a 2.8L, which means it's an '86, which means it's a longbed AND a turkey of a motor.

I'm a lot closer to Boston than he is. What are you looking for and what price range are you shopping?

Eagle, I'm looking for a clean 6' bed. I was close to picking up a whole truck in Johnston, RI this past week for $425.

The bed was nice and I would have parted-out the rest of the truck. I already have a truck that I'm happy with-just need a better bed.

Do you know of one? I'm willing to drive 3-4 hours for it.