A sad day....

smithe1811

Today, after 5 1/2 years of life, we had to put my dog down. Ka-Bar was my fourth boxer, but my wifes first dog. He was the one that kept her company while i was on many a deployments. He was suffering of a massive kidney infection that could not be reversed. He will certainly be missed :cry:

Erik

Very sorry for your loss, my wife and I had to put our 5 year old Dacshund down last June, she found this site very helpful.

http://network.bestfriends.org/phs/news/

I got my wife another Dacshund pup within two weeks, although we will never forget our little tootsie, having a little fellow that needs lots of attention and effort helped ease the pain.

Yeah I know what's that like. When I was 10 we had to put down my cat, who was older than me. A few months after that we got another one, now she's almost 11, and it's gonna suck when she goes.

Really sucks loosing a pet.

I hate to say this but I have lost quite a number of family members as well as two dogs. ALL, short of loosing my Mom last year, where easier to let go than the first Dog.

Its like tearing you in pieces. I feel for you man, It ain't easy, but truer words have not been spoken than what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Don't forget and move on, embrace your friend ship you had. Get another best friend just never forget the last one. He'll be there waiting for ya, when its your turn.

Mine is 10 this year, I know he doesn't have allot more in him. I DREAD the day!!

Yea, hes got a thing for kiddie pools... He is not too good in the heat. I have caught him in the neighbors kids pool a number of times!! ;) :roll:

Chin up, move on.

Good luck,

CW

Erik

I'm sorry about your loss. I have two Jack Russell's and a $#!&z Tsu and absolutely dread the day they have to leave me. I lost my Lab 2 years ago and still think of her and her silly things she did. If you think you are going to get another boxer let me know. I have friends that work at the SPCA and one that works at the boxer rescue.

Diane

Yeah, eventually we will get another boxer, thats all ive ever had and that all we want. that wouldnt happen to be Dawn that you know in the boxer rescue, would it Diane? when i was younger we were a halfway home for boxers with the rescue, in fact, two of my previous boxers we ended up keeping before anyone could adopt them, chances are thats where we will go.

Joe man, thats awful kind of you to offer more for that part, but its not neccasary. the offer alone is more than enough.

Erik

Joe man, thats awful kind of you to offer more for that part, but its not neccasary. the offer alone is more than enough.

Erik

Hey, just thought it was worth a try anyways. I'm the same way; I'll offer everything I have, but rarely accept help.

I also have to thank you though for what you've done for rescue dogs, that in itself shows your character.

jamminz.gif :cheers: 8)