Replacing carpet with Vinyl.

Hello all, My tan carpet from JC whitney is gone faded looks like it rotted but still may just need some cleaning, but I'm thinking about going back to the stock thick black vinyl it came with originally. I found some on JC whitney just wondering if it the same quality, durability anyone order these?

Anyways getting tired of dealing with carpet this will be the 3rd time in 21 yrs. Also looking for some good tan xj 2dr bucket seats. Driver side broken frame support to back saw the mod post looks good may need to hit the local salvage yard luckily have few pick your part and see if anything is available.

$152.98 delivered not bad, free shipping savenow promo unless someone knows any place cheaper? Well I just placed an order.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2007281/p-2007281/N-111+1987+200004015+600006840/c-10108

Ok will do, I kind of regretted ripping it out in the 1st place, seem very rugged never quite gave it a chance before replacing it with carpet and seem like the inside will be easier to keep clean. I will use also some very good quality rubber mats to protect it.

Good to hear Thanks! Well I removed the carpet and well still looked as good as new. I'm going to go ahead and also seal the driver and passenger floor boards with thick rubbery undercoating for added protection before laying the vinyl.

I will also need the rubber boot to the tranny I can see daylight! anyone know where to order one on line?

You know after seeing that post on that 1988 Comanche on Ebay, I saw it today somewhere in one of these forums it had a front snow plow and only 12000 original miles! 31 bids and sold for almost $8K, :eek: not saying I'm going to see those kind of prices, who knows maybe I will see more? but I may need to test the waters if you know what I mean. After all money talks and anything for sale even memories. jamminz.gif

You know after seeing that post on that 1988 Comanche on Ebay, I saw it today somewhere in one of these forums it had a front snow plow and only 12000 original miles! 31 bids and sold for almost $8K, :eek: not saying I'm going to see those kind of prices, who knows maybe I will see more? but I may need to test the waters if you know what I mean. After all money talks and anything for sale even memories. jamminz.gif

This is the same MJ that the same guy re-listed, sold about a month ago, and he didn't get the same $$ he did the fist time, and all he need to do was get it running with a new alternator (That cost him $3800 :teehee: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 76835&rd=1

I went down to the local Kragen store, 1st I just picked up a quart of herculiner $29.95 I figured a quart should be good enough for the cab?and then I saw they had the 1 gallon one for only $89.95-$20 rebate so for $69.95 enough to do a 6ft bed, still a lot better deal oh well planning on doing the nerf bars in herculiner also.

I'm just about finished with the prep work.

Better rebate deal here $25. That's were my receipt is going.

http://www.herculiner.com/specialoffer.html

Well the Vinyl has arrived and man is it heavy duty, this thing is nothing like the stock it must be around 2.5-3 millimeters thick it is pretty difficult to work with but it's not bad.

Best to lay it out like how it will be installed. I used the string method to determine where to cut for the shifter from back and sides.

Nice thing is it has indentations for exact fit, center of front seat bolt, safety harness and certain body shapes.

Some insulation but only for the hump. I left it out for this trial fit. Looks like maybe some trimming is needed also.

Almost the same texture as the herculiner it's like double herculiner. This may be last time I have to change the flooring it looks that durable.

Too bad I'm waiting for my new shifter boot to arrive, but it will be ready. jamminz.gif

We've been using the ACC product for awhile and it's AWSOME!

The MJ vinyl comes in a few more colors as well if anyone is interested.

Black

Gray

Beige

Blue

Desert Camo

Woods Camo

Red

VinylFlooring.jpg

We do sell it and can probably beat JCW's price if anyone is interested.

We've been using the ACC product for awhile and it's AWSOME!

The MJ vinyl comes in a few more colors as well if anyone is interested.

Black

Gray

Beige

Blue

Desert Camo

Woods Camo

Red

We do sell it and can probably beat JCW's price if anyone is interested.

I'll be calling you soon!! I prefer to buy from Jeepers!!!

CW