Think I should???

jtdesigns

My Dad and I are working on one of those this summer. All that brown you see is paint. Truck came from Arkansas and was in 100% operating condition when we bought it. He even plated it for a few weeks and drove it around town before he started disassembly last fall. Its now down to its sandblasted frame and will be getting axles Dana 30 and 9" axles slung under it next. Plans are to drop in a 289 V8 from a '67 Bronco - still debating Tranny and T-case options...

n6603948_30823117_7556.jpg

Go for it. Those old Willys are fun to tear apart rebuild/modify. Back in the late 60's I found one (49-50) that had been abandoned in a canyon. I drug it out stripped it down and rebuilt it with a Ford flathead V8. I and the kids all had fun in the mt's & mud with it. Had the power take off box in it with drive to front & rear for operating farm equip. It'll always ride like a truck unless you toss some updated running gear under it. My wife hated them old willys made me give up both the wagon and pickup. She was always telling people they could have them which caused a few problems now and then. My nephew who recently passed away had 2 or 3 of them sitting in his front yard. They were operational but he just used them for lawn decor. I guess I should drive up there and see if their still around. But that would be a waste of time, the wifes still here.

Go for it. Those old Willys are fun to tear apart rebuild/modify. Back in the late 60's I found one (49-50) that had been abandoned in a canyon. I drug it out stripped it down and rebuilt it with a Ford flathead V8. I and the kids all had fun in the mt's & mud with it. Had the power take off box in it with drive to front & rear for operating farm equip. It'll always ride like a truck unless you toss some updated running gear under it. My wife hated them old willys made me give up both the wagon and pickup. She was always telling people they could have them which caused a few problems now and then. My nephew who recently passed away had 2 or 3 of them sitting in his front yard. They were operational but he just used them for lawn decor. I guess I should drive up there and see if their still around. But that would be a waste of time, the wifes still here.
ya know,they say just a little pure antifreeze mixed in with her daily coctail......sorry,just kidding!!

nice.

we got a dysfunctional rainbow at my house. grey chevy van, green buick, brown honda accord, white mj, a maroon bmw 2002, and a partial red/primer grey triumph (except you can't see the triumph, it's in the garage completely dissembled). can't wait till my dad sells the house and gets a place with a shop. we'll be busy swapping everything from the bmw to a rust free body, and reassembling the triumph.