Big Problems

CEThomas

On the way home last night I had my Ranger make a big pop and then it started to drive like crap :cry:

Pulled it into the garage and this it antidisestablishmentarianism I found :headpop: It's a 93 and the body has not one rust spot on it, so did not expect to see this.

2572966230066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2015340290066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

At the back I found this on both sides. They are about to go and the shackles are also toast. Should be easy to fix the back as they bolt on.

2223502610066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2243377940066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

And I just told my wife on Tue. that it drives and looks as good as it did on day 1.

Easy fix, back is bolt on, front is drop the fuel tank and cut off the rivets and bolt on a new on.

Just finding parts at the JY that are not bad :roll:

Anyone know where I can find a PDF FORD parts catalog so I can see what new parts would run??

i've encountered this same problem on several fords. parts are cheap through the dealer...less than 20 each i beleive. dirt gets trapped on or in them and rots them away. seen this happen to trucks less than 10 years old. thankfully its an easy fix.

On the way home last night I had my Ranger make a big pop and then it started to drive like crap :cry:

And I just told my wife on Tue. that it drives and looks as good as it did on day 1.

See, ya jinked it :roll:

Man, I bet you were surprised to find that problem :eek:

Good thing you checked it right away :thumbsup:

My boss has a 94 F150 with <90,000 miles and the same problem. One side broke off completely, the other side is still hanging on by a 2" tab of rust. He can't be bothered to get it fixed, so the truck has been parked collecting snow.

Didn't know this was as common as it seems to be, though.

It happens all the time. The dealers around here stock them.

AGREED!!

Just last year I helped a friend with hers!! SAME thing, only she didn't even know it had happened!! We where talking about mt MJ when she asked if I noticed or new a reason why a truck would lean.... Five Min's later I found what you took pics of!!!

CW

must be a northern saltsnow thing... worked on vans and trucks that were 15+ years old here that don't have that problem, i think its salt and snow more than its the mud and dirt

Don't be fooled. It's those darn metal eating termites the auto industry let loose to keep people buying new cars.

On a serious note, I'm glad you found it before something bad happen.

:cheers: