Front Shocks for Stock Height MJ

i've got a set of sensatrack shocks that i bought for mine 6 months ago and just took them off for my lift, they are still in great condition and are the best shock i could get at the local parts store. i would sell them to you for 30 bucks :brows:

Thanks... But, I was thinking about something along the lines of RE Monotube or OME (I HATE the Yellow)...

Also, so I bother with the JKS Bar Pin Eliminators now? Make the install any easier? I had them done on my TJ, but didn't do the install myself...

Thanks

Wade

i've got a set of sensatrack shocks that i bought for mine 6 months ago and just took them off for my lift, they are still in great condition and are the best shock i could get at the local parts store. i would sell them to you for 30 bucks :brows:

Thanks... But, I was thinking about something along the lines of RE Monotube or OME (I HATE the Yellow)...

Also, so I bother with the JKS Bar Pin Eliminators now? Make the install any easier? I had them done on my TJ, but didn't do the install myself...

Thanks

Wade

Monroe Sensatrac shocks are not yellow like the regular Monroe shocks are. They are black.

I completely agree with the DR. (Shouldn't you always listen to him?)The MONROE Sense-A-Trac's are TOP choice. they are a great shock!! They can even work for 2" lifted XJ/MJ's by choosing YJ front shocks.

Bar Pin Eliminators are your choice. They are also a great idea and work well. I have top and bottoms on my MJ. I used the tops to gain and extra inch that I needed.

IMHO, the only shock I have scene to work better and ride nicer than the sense - A - trac's is Bilstein's.

CW

PM'ed You

I've used SensaTracs over the years on a number of vehicles and they have been fine. But when I lifted my MJ a couple of years ago and replaced the SensaTracs with longer travel OMEs, one of the rear shocks was completely shot, and they were less than a year old. You could compress it down easily and it would just stay there, no return. The other three were fine though, so probably just a freak thing. I much prefer the OMEs though for ride quality and handling.

PM'ed You

DANG! you beat me!

i've been trying to find a new home for the stock height sensatracs that have been sitting in my garage since i first put the lift on a year ago.

they're free for anyone who wants to pay shipping

I've used SensaTracs over the years on a number of vehicles and they have been fine. But when I lifted my MJ a couple of years ago and replaced the SensaTracs with longer travel OMEs, one of the rear shocks was completely shot, and they were less than a year old. You could compress it down easily and it would just stay there, no return. The other three were fine though, so probably just a freak thing. I much prefer the OMEs though for ride quality and handling.

X2 I have used both the Monroe's and OME's on my TJ and MJ, for the money the Monroe's are great, but in the end the OME's are even better if you have the $$.

DANG! you beat me!

i've been trying to find a new home for the stock height sensatracs that have been sitting in my garage since i first put the lift on a year ago.

they're free for anyone who wants to pay shipping

ooh! ooh! i'll take them off of your hands! :D sense-a-tracs, huh? definitely need to check in on those. my front shocks are so shot, it's not funny. thanks for the inadvertent tip!

if undercoverwalrus or chicofuentes0224 wants them, the first one to reply back can have'em. 2 front sensatraks for stock height mj

Did either of these guys claim these yet? I mean I know that DrThunder offered his first for $30+Shipping, but if your still giving yours away for just shipping, and these other dudes havn't stepped up, i'd be more than willing to take them off your hands for shipping (Sorry DrT, 30 > Free and right now Free sounds good if it's still on the table).

SW2

"Free" is a fightin' word around here, I'll re-stake my claim as 3rd in line :D

WahooSteeler Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MJ87, do you have 2 or 4??

Walrus, so are you taking them, didn't seem clear.

MJ, I'll take them if he doesn't.

PM me.............

So I haven't heard back from DrT, and I'm 4th in line on the free ones....Anyone have any other newer shocks for stock height MJ they want to part with for cheap...other ideas?

The local parts jockey wanted $80/ea for some new KYB shocks, and I wasn't really interested...

I don't have a clue where I would get SensaTracs locally and don't really want to pay $70-$80/ea for new Shocks (KYB, Rubicon Express MonoTubes, OME Ugly Yellow's, etc).

***EDIT*** Never mind, I just ordered a pair of Monroe Sensa-tracs (Model 37026 per the Monroe On-Line Catalog) from Amazon.Com for $68 for the Pair, Shipped 2 Day Free with No Tax... (and no driving around looking for them locally)

SW2

Got the new Monroe Sensa-trac Fronts today and was sizing up the job... any hints on getting the driver side top bolt off? It's under the Brake Fluid reservoir and there is no way I'm getting a socket on there...

Any general tips... It's been 8 or 9 years since I've done shocks when I swapped out my stock ones on the TJ.

SW2

Remove the washer tank and use a wrench or a wobble/universal with the ratchet...no biggie.

CW

Yah, just finished both fronts... I just wedged and open ended wrench up there and started to twist the shock tube from underneath and the thing spun right off... didn't have to take off the washer tank. Was too easy and I feel dumb for even posting the question before I went out there and tweaked with it.

Hope the new shocks (and Ball Joints I did last week) take care of the "clunks" that have been bugging me up front.

SW2

if someone's willing to give me 20 bucks and shipping i will give these up. this is for only the two fronts, sensatrack (really good). i payed 80-90 bucks for them new in june i believe. the stickers are even still on them.

Did these sell?