To all machinist

jtdesigns

CRAP. Can't get my computer to play it. I'd like to see it since I was a cnc machinist for 13 years.

Is it anything like the swiss turning machine I saw at IMTS in Chicago that spun out an ink pen in 33 seconds? It was made of mild cold-roll with a cap that snapped on the end. It threaded together in the middle after they put in an ink tube. I still have it. Nowhere as complex as an engine block, but 33 seconds?!

CRAP. Can't get my computer to play it. I'd like to see it since I was a cnc machinist for 13 years.

Is it anything like the swiss turning machine I saw at IMTS in Chicago that spun out an ink pen in 33 seconds? It was made of mild cold-roll with a cap that snapped on the end. It threaded together in the middle after they put in an ink tube. I still have it. Nowhere as complex as an engine block, but 33 seconds?!

Man its too bad you can't see it, at one point the whole block looks like its just floating in mid air. Not only that, but it automatically changes out stock in like 5 secs. I couldnt imagine writing the program for that.. I'm learning a few CAM programs right now, CNC one which is ok just limited, and ESPRIT and it has alot of bugs, esp when we try to import the program onto our Haas machines..

5 axis mills are pretty high-speed, but yeah 33 secs is pretty quick.. Thats a hella fast feedrate!!

I couldnt imagine writing the program for that.. I'm learning a few CAM programs right now, CNC one which is ok just limited, and ESPRIT and it has alot of bugs, esp when we try to import the program onto our Haas machines..

5 axis mills are pretty high-speed, but yeah 33 secs is pretty quick.. Thats a hella fast feedrate!!

I was lucky. I started on Mazaks that had conversational programming, then switched to an old Cicinnati mill with G-code. Man did I have to learn quick. I spent most of my time on Integrex 4 axis lathes. They worked fine but anything complex had to be done in manual format which was all g & m-code anyway.

I know the newer mills the company bought were running a Windows Fusion setup.

I couldnt imagine writing the program for that.. I'm learning a few CAM programs right now, CNC one which is ok just limited, and ESPRIT and it has alot of bugs, esp when we try to import the program onto our Haas machines..

I was lucky. I started on Mazaks that had conversational programming, then switched to an old Cicinnati mill with G-code. Man did I have to learn quick. I spent most of my time on Integrex 4 axis lathes. They worked fine but anything complex had to be done in manual format which was all g & m-code anyway.

I know the newer mills the company bought were running a Windows Fusion setup.

I was thrown about a million G/M-codes and was told "What you don't know what a G54 is??" ummmmm, NO! lol I do now though! My uncle knows all about Cincinnati Milacrons he uses them at Freightliner, I never worked with any. We have a pretty good shop at school with Haas, Bridgeport, a old Fedal, and 2 cnc grinders, I think one of those grinders is a seiko?? not sure..

Most of the mills lathes are Haas though. We just got a new Haas lathe with live tooling.. pretty cool to watch,, I can't wait to learn how to make it do what I want it too!! :brows: