Sugestion for a new stickie

JeeperjohnfromPA

Hey Pete, I've an idea for a Sticky for the forums.

How about a sticky where people who are considering buying a MJ could get some advice.

Advice on what to look for,

what to look out for,

and what not to worry about.

Perhaps we could help would-be MJ owners, from making some of the mistakes that some of us have made?

I know I'd tell people to check the frame rails for rust, where the front of the rear leaf springs mount to the frame, (for starters).

As a rule of thumb, I try not to sticky anything that can be answered in a paragraph. It results in a plethora of stickys that clutter up the first page. But it's a good idea and would likely be a page in the website when we finally get it going. :cheers:

and categorize them.............

"when purchasing an MJ"....

"tranny swaps".....

"engine swaps".......

"electrical".....

etc etc etc

i've thought since i've been here the tech forum could really benefit from a lot of stickies. but then we'd never get off topic and it might get boring! :laughin:

like they say, be careful what you wish for.....

I was just thinkin that if we had a goto place for technical info and such it would make it alot easier for people to find out about death wobble, height adjusting valves, and those sort of things. That way we could build on it and add more as time goes rusting by... well rusting for all you yanks!! :teehee:

I mean to be honest when I search for something I get a zillion pages of everything from headlights to tail lights threads.... It would be real nice to just click on the link and find the info right there.... just a suggestion... :redX:

Yeah, I forgot to mention how helpful it would also be to have a category with a technical description and purpose of the Flux Capacitor. Of course, we wouldn't want to overlook the extremely important variety of doohickeys, thingamajigs, thingamabobs, whatchamacallits, whatdatis's, and whatdatbees'. For the first time MJ owners, we'd want to make sure we also have a link to explain the snipe controller. Just my opinion.......... :brows: :popcorn:

Yeah, I forgot to mention how helpful it would also be to have a category with a technical description and purpose of the Flux Capacitor. Of course, we wouldn't want to overlook the extremely important variety of doohickeys, thingamajigs, thingamabobs, whatchamacallits, whatdatis's, and whatdatbees'. For the first time MJ owners, we'd want to make sure we also have a link to explain the snipe controller. Just my opinion.......... :brows: :popcorn:

Yeah WTH is a whatdatbee anyway?? I've seen them my whole life, but for the love of all gravy hammers I still don't know what they are!

I was just thinkin that if we had a goto place for technical info and such it would make it alot easier for people to find out about death wobble, height adjusting valves, and those sort of things. That way we could build on it and add more as time goes rusting by... well rusting for all you yanks!! :teehee:

I mean to be honest when I search for something I get a zillion pages of everything from headlights to tail lights threads.... It would be real nice to just click on the link and find the info right there.... just a suggestion... :redX:

Don't forget to click on the "search for all terms". :D

As convenient as it might seem, I always always always prefer people to ask their questions. Every problem has it's own nuances and I prefer to tailer the response to the specifics at hand. That's not to say that I won't keep a big word document full of responses just so I can get the details right (lost it when the last computer crashed and I should probably make another). The answers to just about everything are on the internet somewhere already. The rest of the world can corner the market on gobs of technical info at your finger tips, I want this forum to be more personal. If everyone has the answers already, why would anyone ever post?

Besides, if anyone wants to compile a bunch of info on a specific problem, we do have the DIY forum now. :thumbsup:

yup. jeepforum has a similar setup. right now i think the membership is still small enough and active enough that it's still a fairly tightknit "niche" community. But as we grow there's always the chance a shady "opportunist" could sell off some shoddy parts, or worse, non-existent parts.

yeah that would be a good idea. they do that "feedback" on this prelude forum that my friend is a part of, when i saw it, i thought it was a pretty good idea. forgot about it until now.

Preludes FTMFW!!!!!!

Hey Pete I just realized there was a link sticky in the DIY forum... sad thing is I've used it before and forgot about it... :oops:

Ohhh nooo. I'm not delving into feedback. :redX: I have neither the skills to pull it off, nor the desire to have any semblance of responsibility when it comes to transactions. It is not hard to run a quick search and query past buyers/sellers about their experience.

And the classifieds recommendation # 4 states:

4 It would be really nice if the buyer and seller could add a short post after the conclusion of the transaction telling others if it was good or bad.

The problem is that no one ever reads the stickies. :(