truck shaking

• 3 weeks later...

i had death wobble and it was caused by LCA bushings, replaced LCAs and viola! smooth as glass.

death wobble is a VIOLENT shaking that feels like you're inside of the paint can at home depot thats being mixed.

wheel balance is a bad/annoying vibration over 50mph.(happens regularly if you cake your rims in mud and drive without knocking it off)

both times i had death wobble i got alignment and it fixed it.. getting that toe has to be pretty darn near perfect or you get wobble. it's really that sensitive.....

i had a friend in my truck a couple weeks ago and it started shaking. he asked me if i had ever hit a curb, which i did awhile back. three people in these things aren't a good idea. i don't ever remember it shaking before i did hit a curb. but anyways he said it could be my alignment. i believe my dad said something about it as well. once i get a job i'll have the alignment checked out. i am waiting on a call back for a second interview right now.

EDIT: didn't mention that i noticed my right tire has been low for the past week and my truck hadn't been shaking at all while that tire was low. i decided to head back to my house before i drove out of town a ways. filled it up and once i reached 40mph the truck started shaking again. i'd stop and go again, and it shook every time i reached 40mph. i did that several times. and then i got back on the freeway and it didn't shake. last time i reached 40mph before i returned home.

This might be kinda dumb but have you been driving it in deep snow? I had a S-10 blazer and when I would go and have some fun in the snow the snow would get packed up in the backside of my wheels. Then on the expressway to work the next morning about 45-50mph it would shake. Clean the snow out and no shake. Just throwing that out there.

took the mj for another drive with my dad today. was reading a book that talks about shaking problems, it's not the tire balance or the u-joint. we checked everything and nothing is loose and the bushings are fine. while we were on the drive my dad shifted it into 2nd gear and it doesn't shake at the speed, it runs even smoother. dad said something about it being the engine. so we figured we'd give it a tune up. well the cables and plugs we bought didn't do us any good because my plugs basically perfect and the cables are just fine. though my fuel isn't burning good, there's all this black stuff around the bottom of the plugs. we check the rotor and cap. the rotor was bad, and the middle plug of the cap wasn't on all the way, plus the cap is bad as well. so we picked up a new rotor at napa and ordered a new cap. hopefully that'll fix 'er. it wasn't shaking as bad after we cleaned her up a bit around the plugs and vacuumed all the crap out around them. inf fact, it stopped shaking at the speed it usually does.

• 3 weeks later...

well i am taking the mj to get it checked out today here sometime in the next hour or two. my dad's buddy's brother and i are going to figure it out. luckily he knows quite a bit about these mjs. i will fill you guys in with what was wrong with it when i get back on later.

finally got the shaking fixed. mechanic wasn't any help at all, lucky he only charged me a dollar for a hose he put in to fix one of the vacuum tubes that had a big hole in it. my dad and i put in new plugs and wires and she's running like a top again, all shaking has ceased. feels like she has more power as well. :beerhead: comanche.gif